Help...NCL changed my room without notice

andy2032

This is what you should do next.

Take the offered cabin as it is basically IDENTICAL to what you wanted.

Buy yourself a couple of drinks or a bottle of wine with your $25 OBC.

Stop quibbling over what happened and why

Have a great cruise

Agree completely

NCL is allowed to change your cabin. I don't know if "they" must inform you...but they certainly don't need to tell you "why". And..."why" would it matter anyway?

In addition, since you booked thru a TA....NCL isn't obligated to talk to you. The TA was paid a commission to do this.

Don't mean to sound "snarky"....but if this is your problem in life....you're a very lucky person.

ETA....What you should do next is count your blessings and get over it.

Be careful when I used the word blessing when talking about how lucky we are to be able to afford to Cruise I got my head chewed off lol. I agree completely as well. Any problem you will find on cruise critic are definitely first world problems lol.

Here's another option I'm surprised no one mentioned.. Stick with the new room, the day you embark, go knock on the door of your original room, and challenge the people that took your original room to a fight, or maybe a race down the water slide, perhaps a game of darts, or maybe a bench press contest in the gym.. winner gets the original room. Not a bad idea, eh? :D

In all seriousness, good luck with everything, and don't let it ruin your cruise. Have a great time!

Agree completely

Be careful when I used the word blessing when talking about how lucky we are to be able to afford to Cruise I got my head chewed off lol. I agree completely as well. Any problem you will find on cruise critic are definitely first world problems lol.

I didn't mean it was a blessing to afford a cruise or even go on a cruise.

What I meant was...if a room change is a problem....OP was have a life without what I would consider problems. Or...shall I say....I wish this is what I (and may others) would consider a problem.

OP, bit of a shot in the dark here, but when I booked directly with NCL, the agent asked me if I wanted to make myself eligible for an upgrade. I wonder if your TA initially said yes to that and NCL considers this new room an upgrade, and that's how you ended up there?

I think your TA should make this right for you, by gifting you some obc or something (especially if it was his or her error in agreeing to allow upgrades on your behalf.) The convenience and supposed avoidance of headaches is why some book with TAs anyway, not to make more work and add grief.

Hope it all works out for you :)

I have a cruise booked for next year. I received a phone call from a NCL agent asking if I would change my room for another couple who has stayed in the room I booked on previous cruises. I had the choice of other rooms in the same catagory. He offered us a bottle of wine for agreeing.We booked at great time and have the UBP so I should of tried for OBC instead... I didn't want to move forward or on the other side, so I moved us back a room. It has a smaller balcony, kinda dissapointed, but did not want to go further forward to a bigger balcony. It's one of the Family Suites w/ Balcony on the Dawn.

Hope the other couple enjoys the room!!!!

My point is I was called and asked, I did book directly with them online.

This is just an observation, it seems to me like every time somebody has a problem with the room they booked or trying to book a room it seems like it always goes through a travel agent. You often never hear about this when people book directly through Norwegian.

Noticed same. It's what you get for the price break or extra obc.

Just need to clarify a point (made in my earlier post on this thread). NCL - not a TA - but someone at NCL HQ changed my stateroom that had been booked almost two years in advance of sailing. My PCC (an NCL employee, experienced and considered "senior" in level) was not notified of the change; nor was I, the passenger.

Again, all this was done by NCL and the only "travel agent" was my NCL PCC. Although NCL could not provide a reasonable explanation for the change, they did make things right (in fact, very much so). I assume something like a bug in the reservation system was a t fault as at least one other poster on this thread suggests a similar problem (and similar solution by NCL).

To state this as clearly as possible: NCL changed my stateroom, without notification or explanation.

I do wonder why NCL felt justified in moving OP'S cabin without consent... yet they "asked the people who got moved TO that original cabin" to move and they said no... something just seems fishy.

I personally believe the TA moved the room. Or didn't pass through the info that caused the room to be moved. Or approved a room move on behalf of the client.

The only people I've read about with problems like this have a middle man, a TA, in between them and the cruise line. People swear by their good TAs but I think it's like a mechanic: there are really great ones and some that are just so-so. I have had great TAs only for Disney vacations; all the ones we have tried for cruises are more trouble than they are worth.

I didn't mean it was a blessing to afford a cruise or even go on a cruise.

What I meant was...if a room change is a problem....OP was have a life without what I would consider problems. Or...shall I say....I wish this is what I (and may others) would consider a problem.

Of course not God forbid you refer to financial security as a blessing.

I don't know if rules have changed over the past few years as far as compensation for cabin reassignments in the same category, but our stateroom was changed a few years back on the Gem. They moved us about 5 cabins away. At first, I wasn't happy about it, because I had hand picked our cabin. I also contacted them when I saw my cabin number had changed. I don't think I would have been as bothered if they would have contacted me first. NCL informed us that our ship was almost sold out and they needed an adjoining cabin for a family. It turned out that our new cabin had no adjoining door or extra drop down bed which in the end gave us more room and privacy. We were not offered any credits or goodies for the change. It turned out to be a win for all.