Which of the carribean islands sell prescripti0n meds over the counter?

snoozcroozr

Hi,

doing the 12 day crooze stopping at PR, St Thomas, Tortola, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts. Wanted to pick some simple meds up that usually requires prescripti0n in the US..nothing crazy like canc3r meds or anything like that, just something topical. Which one of those islands have stores that sell those type of meds OTC? I know when I go to mexico, they got stores that has wall to wall of prescripti0n dru6s, but I am not passing by there.

St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados should have topicals in their pharmacies, but you'll need to know specifically what ingredients and strengths you are looking for. So if you're looking for something you need regularly, copy the ingredients from the tube or box, and bring it along. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

didn't get a chance to look for it until our last port St Kitts. The shop in the cruise pier shopping area only had OTC meds and condoms of every type. According to some locals, the closest pharmacy was 2 miles away, which is too far away given that we had maybe 40min to shop around after our excursion.

I cringe at threads like this :(

I always try to pick up Retin A and a few Z packs. They are packaged just like in the US.

That's the point. You have no way to know if it's fake or not. Counterfeit drug trafficking is a huge industry. The second or third biggest industry behind illicit drug sales is the production of counterfeit pharmacuticals. It may look like what you buy at home. The pharmacist may give some sap story about being a licensed former pharm in the US, but you have absolutely no way to verify this or know where the supply came from.

Certainly not worth the risk to save a few bucks IMO. It's right up there with getting injected with cosmetic fillers onboard and going to Tijuana for plastic surgery :eek: