Vision - will I be bored?

For me boring would be going on the same ship over and over. I'd rather sail on different classes of ships to get the different experiences.

At home sometimes I like to go to the mall and sometimes to little shops on the street...

i loved the Vision when we sailed her and I loved the Allure.

If Vision came back to Los Angeles for her old Mexican Riviera run I would book it immediately.

For me boring would be going on the same ship over and over. I'd rather sail on different classes of ships to get the different experiences.

At home sometimes I like to go to the mall and sometimes to little shops on the street...

i loved the Vision when we sailed her and I loved the Allure.

If Vision came back to Los Angeles for her old Mexican Riviera run I would book it immediately.

Port Canaveral is only a 20 minute drive for us. Mmmm...choice of sitting home, or easy drive to Freedom or Enchantment again??!! Wonder which one is more boring? ;) :D

But seriously, we do love to mix it up. Tampa, Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale, and Seward Alaska

is on our next schedule of departure ports. :)

I see you have sailed on Monarch and Serenade several times. They are still two of my favorite

series of ships. Miss the Monarch still.

Edited by island lady

Port Canaveral is only a 20 minute drive for us. Mmmm...choice of sitting home, or easy drive to Freedom or Enchantment again??!! Wonder which one is more boring? ;) :D

But seriously, we do love to mix it up. Tampa, Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale, and Seward Alaska is on our next schedule of departure ports. :)

I see you have sailed on Monarch and Serenade several times. They are still two of my favorite series of ships. Miss the Monarch still.

Excellent point... I'd rather be on a cruise than sitting around the house or another typical day at work! :D

First of all, I love cruising - the Vision will be my 13th (I think). To me cruising is the best type of vacation. I loved the entertainment on the Oasis and also on Norwegian Epic (March 2015), but wasn't thrilled about it on the Jewel (Jan 2015). So my question though I admit was somewhat vague was if people liked the entertainment on the Vision.

FYI - to the OP that told me to bring a book, my IPad is loaded with them for the cruise.

Thanks all!!

Surely with all of the entertainment on offer aboard modern cruise ships there must be something to amuse the most pernickety cruisers.

I always remember when I was a child my father used to say 'it's only boring people that get bored' and he was right.

That was in the days when the main activity on a cruise ship was shuffleboard, deck quoits table tennis!

First of all, I love cruising - the Vision will be my 13th (I think). To me cruising is the best type of vacation. I loved the entertainment on the Oasis and also on Norwegian Epic (March 2015), but wasn't thrilled about it on the Jewel (Jan 2015). So my question though I admit was somewhat vague was if people liked the entertainment on the Vision.

FYI - to the OP that told me to bring a book, my IPad is loaded with them for the cruise.

Thanks all!!

I agree with you! I was another one who thought that entertainment on the Vision was aged, and not up to par compared to other RCI ships. I think the OP's question is a valid one. I know a lot of people have their comments that we should be wrong for thinking this way just because we are on a cruise and not at work. My thought is, I just got off a 10 day Vision and had I known ahead of time that all the entertainment was geared toward someone double my age, then I probably would have chosen either a 7 day Freedom, or the 5 and 4 day B2B on Brilliance.

Everyone has their own preferences, and I was specific to my reason for not liking the Vision. There was obviously a reason the OP asked the question. So if someone liked the Vision, good for you. But don't knock those of us, that it didn't fit our cruising likes.

Edited by ksuds

... My thought is, I just got off a 10 day Vision and had I known ahead of time that all the entertainment was geared toward someone double my age, then I probably would have chosen either a 7 day Freedom, or the 5 and 4 day B2B on Brilliance.

I think that's the difference between a 10 day or longer cruise and the 5-7 day cruises.

Not so much the ship, but the demographic of people taking longer cruises usually precludes younger families and couples who are still working.

We took a 15 night Hawaii cruise once and the average age must have been over 75, with us in our late 50's. We definitely noticed the difference and it was on one of RCCL's newest and brightest ships.

So maybe keep that in perspective.

Excellent point... I'd rather be on a cruise than sitting around the house or another typical day at work! :D

LOL!! Yeah, my Dad used to "make" me miss school sometimes to go fishing with him when

he was home off the road. He used to tell me "you will never miss that day you would have taken that algebra test...but you will always remember when the two of us had a day out on the water together". :D