Evening Dress Code Winter Med

missminnie

Hi All

We're taking our 1st MSC sailing next Sunday for 7 nights on Preziosa out of Genoa.

We've only ever sailed in hot weather (Caribbean, Summer Med, Asia) so normally evening wear is the usual light floaty linens, summer dresses (aside from the formal nights etc).

What should we expect in the evenings for a December cruise from Genoa to Rome, Palermo, Barcelona etc? We have our formal clothes and I'm wondering what people usually wear in the evenings on colder cruises than hot summer weather - as I'm usually in dressy sandals etc. Would smart jeans and smart tops be ok with heels or boots?

Thanks

Hi Miss Minnie

Yes you'd be okay with smart jeans and tops, some nice trousers or a skirt, a blouse or smart jumper/pashmina. I did the same itinerary last year and the temperature inside wasn't cold- some folks dressed up in the evening others didn't, but a nice pair of heels with jeans always looks good so you won't go wrong.

Have a lovely time!

Hi Miss Minnie

Yes you'd be okay with smart jeans and tops, some nice trousers or a skirt, a blouse or smart jumper/pashmina. I did the same itinerary last year and the temperature inside wasn't cold- some folks dressed up in the evening others didn't, but a nice pair of heels with jeans always looks good so you won't go wrong.

Have a lovely time!

That's great and thank you. My jeans are dark so look smart with a nice sparkly top. It's awkward when you only have a week and the temp can be so different and I don't want to take too many changes of outfits.

Thanks for your help

Laura

We were on a Splendida sailing in March 2013 and even though it was only a 6 day cruise I brought some nice dresses with me. As shoes take up most weight and size I brought only 1 pair of black heels which went very well with every evening outfit I brought with me.

My husband and I always love dressing up and jeans is not part of that. As it is definitely not cold in the MDR or other public areas a dress is not too cold. If you take some nice scarves you can use a dress twice, just with a different scarve, which could also help if it gets a little chilly.

We were on a Splendida sailing in March 2013 and even though it was only a 6 day cruise I brought some nice dresses with me. As shoes take up most weight and size I brought only 1 pair of black heels which went very well with every evening outfit I brought with me.

My husband and I always love dressing up and jeans is not part of that. As it is definitely not cold in the MDR or other public areas a dress is not too cold. If you take some nice scarves you can use a dress twice, just with a different scarve, which could also help if it gets a little chilly.

Thanks. I'm certainly not expecting it to be cold onboard but what I'm trying to avoid is having to take some many different styles of outfits just for 1 weeks as it won't be warm flip flop weather in the ports. I don't want to be packing a lot of different styles when I can utilise what I have to take anyway. My jeans are incredibly dark (indigo so almost black) and with some nice heels and a sparkly top looks very presentable for an evening. I get the whole debate about whether jeans should be worn in an evening but I'm not taking any light coloured ones - so smart dark ones which I wear at home when going out of an evening anyway.

I'm also taking some smart trousers and a pair of white linen trousers so the jeans will prob only be worn maybe twice in an evening.

I'm just used to having nice sun dresses and sandals in the evening as I take those anyway on a summer/warm weather cruise.

This is our first winter cruise so its all new to us.

Hi All

We're taking our 1st MSC sailing next Sunday for 7 nights on Preziosa out of Genoa.

We've only ever sailed in hot weather (Caribbean, Summer Med, Asia) so normally evening wear is the usual light floaty linens, summer dresses (aside from the formal nights etc).

What should we expect in the evenings for a December cruise from Genoa to Rome, Palermo, Barcelona etc? We have our formal clothes and I'm wondering what people usually wear in the evenings on colder cruises than hot summer weather - as I'm usually in dressy sandals etc. Would smart jeans and smart tops be ok with heels or boots?

Thanks

I cruised in the summer and almost froze to death in the theatre :D So this next one in February '16 I will have a pashmina or two!!