Question a pax moving to a different cabin

alkotik

One of the pax from my group wants to move from the 3rd in the inside to a 3rd into my balcony without officially changing the existing reservation.

Will it be enough to just ask a stuart to make up the couch in the balcony for an additional person or I should really change the reservation ?

a key is not a problem - I have an experience in the past ordering a door only key for somebody who is not in my cabin. As far as for the boat - I figure he will stay with his designated cabin for that purpose.

No problem, just get an extra key from guest services after boarding. They will officially stay in the inside and their onboard account stays attached to that cabin and they use their original keycard for all purchases and signing in/out of the ship, extra keycard to access your cabin.

a key is not a problem - I have an experience in the past ordering a door only key for somebody who is not in my cabin. As far as for the boat - I figure he will stay with his designated cabin for that purpose.

If you can get an additional door key, problem solved. Actually, even without an extra key, you could surely still make it work.

On one of our upcoming cruises, we will have a room floater or two. We have everyone booked into cabins, but we might move the teenagers around a bit.

I don't see an issue. Just use your original muster stations.

The only thing is that this is a 3rd person in a cabin moving. The room steward in the originally booked cabin will be expecting to make up a the bed for that 3rd person and the room steward in the "Moved to Cabin" will not be expecting to make up an extra bed. If the two cabins have different stewards, then the second steward will not get his portion of the service charge since that room is not scheduled to have three people in it. Keys are no problem but getting the extra bed made up may be a problem. We did a family cruise about two years ago and changed people around in the cabins but never had an extra person placed in another cabin.

The only thing is that this is a 3rd person in a cabin moving. The room steward in the originally booked cabin will be expecting to make up a the bed for that 3rd person and the room steward in the "Moved to Cabin" will not be expecting to make up an extra bed. If the two cabins have different stewards, then the second steward will not get his portion of the service charge since that room is not scheduled to have three people in it. Keys are no problem but getting the extra bed made up may be a problem. We did a family cruise about two years ago and changed people around in the cabins but never had an extra person placed in another cabin.

Flowers makes two good points.

I would let both cabin stewards know ASAP about the bedding arrangements so they are both aware of the increased and decreases workload.

I would pay the DSC as usual and also tip the steward with the now increased workload in cash.

Flowers makes two good points.

I would let both cabin stewards know ASAP about the bedding arrangements so they are both aware of the increased and decreases workload.

I would pay the DSC as usual and also tip the steward with the now increased workload in cash.

That sounds like a reasonable solution. Let the room stewards know your plans so they can arrange your cabins accordingly.

I kind of disagree about 'needing' to pay additional tip....unless you just so desire to do it. After all, you are already paying the correct DSC, so maybe let the stewards work that out between themselves. Or, if the steward is really fantastic, then do give them an additional tip. That's my thought, I'm certain some will disagree, but it's still my opinion.

How is that person going to get into the cabin? Its not just a case of switching room keys as there are only 2 booked into that balcony. There are also issues with the life boat capacity. I am not sure this plan will actually work.

The lifeboat issue is real. That means the mover must be accounted for in their assigned room for the muster drill;)

That sounds like a reasonable solution. Let the room stewards know your plans so they can arrange your cabins accordingly.

I kind of disagree about 'needing' to pay additional tip....unless you just so desire to do it. After all, you are already paying the correct DSC, so maybe let the stewards work that out between themselves. Or, if the steward is really fantastic, then do give them an additional tip. That's my thought, I'm certain some will disagree, but it's still my opinion.

I suggest the cash tip because the steward is being given extra work. The stewards "could" work out the DSC difference between them once NCL passes it along to them, but my feeling is that the 1 steward is accommodating the cabin change and taking on extra work at my request so it would be my responsibility to make sure he or she is appropriately compensated.

To each his own though. The poster will do what they feel is right to them. :)

I suggest the cash tip because the steward is being given extra work. The stewards "could" work out the DSC difference between them once NCL passes it along to them, but my feeling is that the 1 steward is accommodating the cabin change and taking on extra work at my request so it would be my responsibility to make sure he or she is appropriately compensated.

To each his own though. The poster will do what they feel is right to them. :)

What do you think a reasonable cash tip should be? $5, $10, more a day?