Freedom of the Seas - new rumors

Calvin

KEN RUSH

He was the CD on the innagural Mariner sailing and I thought he was HORRIBLE....Very dry personality, FULL OF HIMSELF and just seemed cocky as all hell. The following times I was on the Mariner were much much better.

Tim

Wow!! I have heard his name come up often on these boards, this it the first negative comment I have heard-what did he do to yOu to leave this impression?? I want to know since he will be THE CD on my FOS sailing!!

KEN RUSH

He was the CD on the innagural Mariner sailing and I thought he was HORRIBLE....Very dry personality, FULL OF HIMSELF and just seemed cocky as all hell. The following times I was on the Mariner were much much better.

Tim

That's good to hear. He is getting on the Navigator the same day that I leave on that ship. I understand that the CD coming off is one of the best out there. He recently left Princess and moved to RCI. Cannot think of his name at the moment.

Graham Seymour! The best of the best next to Simon Wier, his dad & brother the soap star in the UK.

That's good to hear. He is getting on the Navigator the same day that I leave on that ship. I understand that the CD coming off is one of the best out there. He recently left Princess and moved to RCI. Cannot think of his name at the moment.

Yes, the Freedom WILL have Fresh Water Pools. As will all the ships in RCCLs fleet. They are all being changed over as we speak. Some have already been changed over.

I am on Freedom Oct. 1, 06. Just under a year now, and I can't contain myself.

I was on the Mariner last week and I could swear I smelled cholrine when I walked by the pools. I could be wrong as I did not take a dip.

We've had Ken Rush as a CD 3 times and we absolutely love him. Yes, he is definitely self-assured, but he really seems like he is in complete control, extremely knowledgeable, and has an excellent set of jokes to call upon when he needs them!

I think these are the reasons why RCI seems to use him frequently to 'open' a ship's sailing.

I also loved Jeffrey Arpin and Graham Seymour (2x) as CDs. I believe Jeff retired, though.

The worst CD we've had on RCI was Angela Fraser. She seemed very, very nice but simply not funny at all. Since much of a Cruise Director's job is introducing acts and making speeches about upcoming events, I think it is very important to be funny!

We have sailed twice with Ken Rush, and we're not all that impressed. I would assume he is considered the "best" CD in the fleet since he always takes out the new ships, but we have no idea why. He is a bit too full of himself and sarcastic for our taste. Glad he will be busy elsewhere for our next cruise.

OK-so it sounds like when it comes to Ken Rush, you either love him or hate him-no middle ground-I have heard similar things about myself!!

He must be doing something right if RCI trusts him to do all the big new sailings!! I love sarcasm, so I will probably take to him just fine, but I know many people who find sarcasm (mine and others) annoying and

off-putting-maybe that's why some don't care for him.

Guess I'll just wait until I met him in June on the FOS-

These days the only shows I go to star Teletubbies, Boohbah or the dreaded Barney!!!

Oh you poor thing!!! I can't take Barney. He drives me crazy. Teletubies I just don't get. My sister has a 9 month old, so she can relate to you. No more of what you want...its all about the kids. I actually hope to be right there with ya someday soon with one of my own.

Underwater staterooms, so you can "sleep with the fishes."

That would be a great idea. Staterooms under water so you could actually look out under the sea. I bet it would be a GREAT view. I know I would book one of those.

That would be a great idea. Staterooms under water so you could actually look out under the sea. I bet it would be a GREAT view. I know I would book one of those.

Not me-I've seen too many of those boat movies-never good to be too low down in the ship-(Titanic, Poseidon Adventure...) Besides, I don't think that a "catagory U" (U for Underwater) would have a very nice view from the balcony-worse than the metal structure blocking the afts.:rolleyes:

if anyone is interested it looks like the cruise director will be ken rush, which is currently the CR for the mariner. just got off a cruise with the mariner this sunday the 23rd and ken mentioned that he will be going to the freedom of the seas.

Archived