Freedom of the Seas - new rumors

Calvin

Binuevo and Superjerryw:

I guess I owe you two an apology.

I thought, for sure, that Superjerryw was making all that stuff up! LOL.

PSCruiser:

Yes, higher space/pax ratios are a wonderful sign!!! I don't care if they put 20,000 passengers on a ship, as long as they figure out how to make us all happy and minimize waiting times.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it. I'm still hoping that some RCCL insider will show up here and leak some of the new amenities! I can hardly wait to see the upcoming deck plans.

Well, hopefully we won't have to wait more than a week or two for the new brochures but, who knows, these things have a tendency to take longer than expected.

In any event, as I've said before, there must be SOMETHING about this new ship that RCI is quite pleased with, since they've already ordered 2 more!

My theory-

RCI has found a way to breach the time-space continuum and the lounge on the FOS will feature performances from Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Tupac, Biggie and Kurt Cobain-

do you think that's it?? Have I figured out the big secret?? Just have to wait for the brochure!!!

No. Elvis and Tracey, that is simply ridiculous :)

My guess is that RCI has figured out how to put a Carnival ship inside the Freedom (laid it out on the Royal Promenade) so that they can corner both markets.

There are some deck plans for cabins available. I've used them to select a cabin for September '06.

Where can I get a look at the sailing dates and cabins..Thinking of my next vacation and am seriously thinking of changing to RCL and Freedom of the Seas sounds perfect.

Where can I get a look at the sailing dates and cabins..Thinking of my next vacation and am seriously thinking of changing to RCL and Freedom of the Seas sounds perfect.

go to rccl.com and click on "Find a Cruise" and then click on "Ships" and then Freedom of the seas. That will give you deck plans and stateroom categories. Remember that the photos of staterooms are not on freedom since it is not finished yet. They are of Voyager Class rooms. When done there, check out www.freedomoftheseas.com incase you have not seen it.

If you kick it, it just may sink right there in port!!!!:eek:

Wow, you guys just convinced me not to try RCI again. Any cruise line that distinguishes itself with all these repeated cheap shots at the competition isn't one that I'm going to waste spending my vacation on.

Wow, you guys just convinced me not to try RCI again. Any cruise line that distinguishes itself with all these repeated cheap shots at the competition isn't one that I'm going to waste spending my vacation on.

Yes, please don't try it again. Anyone who takes everything so seriously and can't see the humor in anything just reminds me of the kind of people that I DON'T want to cruise with. And it is not how RCCL "distinguishes" itself. I doubt that any of the people making these cheap shots actually work for RCCL, genius.

While on the Mariner last week, I talked to the cruise director, Ken Rush and he said he will be the first CD on the Freedom. He said that he'll be doing a couple months on the Navigator soon and then leave for the FOS.

I am not familiar with him. What can you tell me about him.

Wow! Has RCCL repeadely given "cheap shots" at "any" competition? Show me the thread, and any other evidence, that would lead you to make that statment. What was so wrong about your trip?

Rick

If you think kicking the ship is that bad then I probably should tell you what I want to do to that stupid mascot, whats his name, oh yeah thats right, "Fun Ship Freddy.":D

I am not familiar with him. What can you tell me about him.

Ken Rush has been with RCI over 20 years. He's a very good cruise director, and has brought out all the Voyager class ships. We've had him for three cruises and were never disappointed.

Give me a break!!!! Have you ever heard the old saying about what one should do to those who can't take a joke??

Try not to take everything quite so literally, I'm sure your whole life in general will go much smoother, andyour blood pressure will probably drop as well!! Like Eric's really gonna kick a ship-he doesn't want a broken foot for his cruise, does he??

And by the way, how does me telling Eric to kick a ship have anything to do with how "RCI distinguishes itself"?? I'm not on their payroll, so what I say has nothing to do with them-I don't like Carnival because I sailed with them twice (Holiday and Ecstasy) and both cruises were lousy!!! That's not RCI's fault, that's Carnival's fault-

jeez, so touchy!!!

Okay guys, you caught me. I actually AM an RCI employee and I will say/do anything to disparage CCL.

I will be the first Captain of the Freedom because I've just completed my sailing lessons and RCI figures I will be pretty good since my mind won't be bogged down with all that 'experience and savvy' stuff. I now know how to sail a ship, unfortunately, I never learned how to dock.

Okay guys, you caught me. I actually AM an RCI employee and I will say/do anything to disparage CCL.

I will be the first Captain of the Freedom because I've just completed my sailing lessons and RCI figures I will be pretty good since my mind won't be bogged down with all that 'experience and savvy' stuff. I now know how to sail a ship, unfortunately, I never learned how to dock.

cool-can ya get me a discount???;)

Good. Thank you. Goodbye. :p

KEN RUSH

He was the CD on the innagural Mariner sailing and I thought he was HORRIBLE....Very dry personality, FULL OF HIMSELF and just seemed cocky as all hell. The following times I was on the Mariner were much much better.

Tim

Archived