Freedom of the Seas - new rumors

Calvin

Has anyone heard any new, non-published rumors about her?

I find that most of the new amenities (waterpark, surf rider, cantilevered hot tubs and, I assume, bungy jumping trampolines) are quite interesting but I noticed that they still aren't publishing the complete deck plans for her.

The only rumor I have heard, from talking to an RCI staff member while onboard, was that the new ship would have 2 concierge lounges.

Does anyone else have any juicy gossip?

Calvin

not sure if this has been posted before, but when I was on the Mariner recently our Captain told us that Freedom will have fresh water pools. I was so happy to hear that!

This is the first I've heard it. I hope the Cappy was right in saying so. Can anyone confirm that the Freedom will have fresh water pools? This would be sweet!! :)

Debbie

and he was mentioning the bowling alley a very hot rumor that may come true since seniors want it and they can cruise for months at a time, fresh water pools since salt will carode (sp) the water park. 3 Specialty restaurants and an enormous Promonade deck for shopping galore. 3 tier dining room and extra large ice show area.

A year to go for us & I am SO excited!!!! Also #2 to be Liberty of the Seas?

Since my wife and I own a bowling center, we hope they do put in a couple of lanes. We will apply to run them for RCL. LOL

Not really, we hope they don't. We take cruises to try to get away from work, not be around it on vacation. LOL We will probably just avoid the bowling area if they have one.

Tim & Crystal

and he was mentioning the bowling alley a very hot rumor that may come true since seniors want it and they can cruise for months at a time, fresh water pools since salt will carode (sp) the water park. 3 Specialty restaurants and an enormous Promonade deck for shopping galore. 3 tier dining room and extra large ice show area.

A year to go for us & I am SO excited!!!! Also #2 to be Liberty of the Seas?

I believe that they previously announced that #2 will be named Endeavor of the Seas. As far as fresh water pools are concerned, I have no problem with and in fact, enjoy the salt water pools on RCI ships. More buoyancy and without that strong (and IMHO obnoxious) chlorine smell that you frequently get with fresh water pools, and after all, it is salt water we will be swimming in when we get off the ship and go to the beach. It is possible that they will use fresh water in the H2O zone and still keep the other pools salt water.

I believe that they previously announced that #2 will be named Endeavor of the Seas.

I am not sure that they have announced Endeavor as the new ship name. I have been waiting for it. I think it was just a rumor around here. I like the name but I think it would work better on the next Celebrity ship. I hope they don't go with Liberty. Carnival has patriotic named ships and I don't want RCCL to copy Carnival. I was OK with Freedom because the execs made it appear that it was named Freedom for the actual freedom of choice in activities on the ship and not a patriotic freedom.

"en

I am not sure that they have announced Endeavor as the new ship name. I have been waiting for it. I think it was just a rumor around here. I like the name but I think it would work better on the next Celebrity ship. I hope they don't go with Liberty. Carnival has patriotic named ships and I don't want RCCL to copy Carnival. I was OK with Freedom because the execs made it appear that it was named Freedom for the actual freedom of choice in activities on the ship and not a patriotic freedom.

http://www.world-register.net/index/E4.shtml

I hope they come up with a different name for the 2nd in the Freedom class also.

Otherwise won't RCI and CCL have 2 ships with similar names? Carnival is supposed to have a newbuild called the Carnival Freedom and they already have the Carnival Liberty. Who would invite the confusion if RCI had both the Freedom and Liberty of the Seas?

Dan: Thanks for the conformation. I like the name.

Calvin: Many cruise lines have similar named ships.

Jewel of the Seas - Norwegian Jewel

Legend of the Seas - Carnival Legend

Majesty of the Seas - Norwegian Majesty

Sea Princess - Norwegian Sea

Star Princess - Norwegian Star

Sun Princess - Norwegian Sun

Dawn Princess - Norwegian Dawn

Carnival Spirit - Norwegian Spirit

There are more. I think some cruise lines need to hire people that are more creative. I can't stand it that there is basically a name pool that everyone uses. Come on people how about some originality.

Yes, the Freedom WILL have Fresh Water Pools. As will all the ships in RCCLs fleet. They are all being changed over as we speak. Some have already been changed over.

I am on Freedom Oct. 1, 06. Just under a year now, and I can't contain myself.

Yes, the Freedom WILL have Fresh Water Pools. As will all the ships in RCCLs fleet. They are all being changed over as we speak. Some have already been changed over.

Do you know when the Navigator will be changed over to fresh water?

I do not know when, but I heard that by the time the Freedom Sails they will all be fresh water. If you are sailing in April, you might have Fresh Water. Not sure though. It depends on when it is going into dry dock.

Where did you hear this from? I wouldn't mind it if they changed it but it would be a lot of work. Re-plumbing the pools wouldn't be an easy task. They would have to undo the salt water system, attach a fresh water system, and figure our how to heat the fresh water system. They would also either have to desalinize a whole lot of water everyday or they would have to put in a filter.

Some have already been changed over? Any idea which ones? Thanks. :)

I am so glad RCCL has decided to change to fresh water pools. DCL has always had fresh water pools and it is so much nicer. My sons chose not to swim in the pools on RCCL because of the salt water...burns eyes too much too..esp if you're not use to it. In my opinion, good change for RCCL.

Some have already been changed over? Any idea which ones? Thanks. :)

There is a thread on this bored that is title "No more ranch steak" and it is a list of new things happening to RCL ships. Some people on that thread seem to know which ships have been changed already. I would also call RCL directly as they can better tell you.

Dan: Thanks for the conformation. I like the name.

Calvin: Many cruise lines have similar named ships.

Jewel of the Seas - Norwegian Jewel

Legend of the Seas - Carnival Legend

Majesty of the Seas - Norwegian Majesty

Sea Princess - Norwegian Sea

Star Princess - Norwegian Star

Sun Princess - Norwegian Sun

Dawn Princess - Norwegian Dawn

Carnival Spirit - Norwegian Spirit

There are more. I think some cruise lines need to hire people that are more creative. I can't stand it that there is basically a name pool that everyone uses. Come on people how about some originality.

Eric, thanks for the info. I had no idea there were already so many duplicated names. There seems to be a trend here:

Does Norwegian just wait for all the other cruiselines to name their ships and then copy them, or is it the other way around? :)

Saw a film of Freedom and the Captain talked about it at great length. There are 3 ordered all together....yes, with freshwater pools as the salt is corroding the metals in the pools, the take out Captain will be Capt Smith for the first six weeks. He is American and presently at RCCI head office in Miami. This is because this ship is being promoted as "All American" in it's early launch days. The surf pool you would all know about too...hmmmm, what else....underwater music in the pools!!! If I think of more, I'll be back!

There is a thread on this bored that is title "No more ranch steak" and it is a list of new things happening to RCL ships. Some people on that thread seem to know which ships have been changed already. I would also call RCL directly as they can better tell you.

Thanks Fitz. :)

Archived