Oosterdam 11/16/15 Review

Crazy For Cats

Sorry to pull us a bit off topic, but to answer your question, its difficult to say as its a bit of an open invite. However, over 20 people have said they are coming and I expect even more.

Interesting you should mention the Pinnacle suite - I turned down an upsell to it about a week ago since I like these cabins so much.

I think you should be ok. If not, start pushing them off the balcony :D;). Have a wonderful time. I'm jealous.

Ah Jake and Juan, I miss you guys already:) I am glad that you've posted your review and thoughts of all. I will do my own in the next day or 2. I need to get acclimated back to the altitude here at home.... Just got home last night after our side trip to Mobile and our daughter.

I also wanted to say "THANK YOU!!!" to the CC member (Sorry, I cannot remember their name) from a few weeks ago who let us know how to get the Steak Diane. OMG that was definitely worth the wait (both times I had it.)

It was awesome to be able to just kick back and relax with friends:)

Joanie

I also wanted to say "THANK YOU!!!" to the CC member (Sorry, I cannot remember their name) from a few weeks ago who let us know how to get the Steak Diane. OMG that was definitely worth the wait (both times I had it.)

We will be on the Eurodam in January - will definitely be pre-ordering the Steak Diane! Did you stop by or call in the day before?

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

We will be on the Eurodam in January - will definitely be pre-ordering the Steak Diane! Did you stop by or call in the day before?

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I walked into the PG between Lunch and Dinner one day and saw the chefs talking. I waited until they spotted me and asked if either of them were the PG Chef for meats. He spoke up and I told him that I'd heard on Cruise Critic that if they had the ingredients for Steak Diane we could ask for it. He said, yes that is correct, but that they'd appreciate 24 hours notice and at the time of making the reservation.

So, I asked for Steak Diane when I made my reservations a few minutes later (when the PG Manager returned), for the following evening at 5:30pm.

John and Sharon, made the reservations for Sunday night's dinner and requested Steak Diane for 3 of us. They also had no problems, well only for the time slot of 5:30pm because they were booked 3 nights straight for that time frame.

And as you can read from Jake's (OP) post, he and Juan had no problems requesting and getting it:)

Life was good:D

Joanie

Good to know - I'm not normally a beef eater, but DH suggested I try Steak Diane, just once. Oh my, it was so tasty! We were disappointed when they took it off the PG menu. Now to book in advance and make the request.

Smooth Sailing !

We also agree with Crazy for Cats about the ship. Was in pretty good condition considering it is going into dry dock in April. I wanted to meet you and Joannie, but since I am on oxygen, I cannot be around smoke. Came to meet and greet and said I was mrscopper, but people were not welcoming, already talking in groups. Sorry we missed the opportunity to connect. We found the food in the main dining room to be overall excellent. The Lido is hard for me in scooter, but salads were great for lunch and a few times I had bread pudding (yum). Loved sailing by the Petons, St Lucia is a beautiful island, however read that Bahamas and St. Lucia are the most dangerous to visit, considering crime on visitors. Read that one cruise line is not docking there anymore for safety of passengers. What a shame, it is so beautiful, maybe the government will step in and take action. We were on deck 6 and my daughter had trouble in her stateroom re hot water, but they promptly fixed it. The staff is wonderful, but they are so over extended, that I am afraid HAL will not be able to hire the best. Bless them.