Boarding New time selection

Muumuu

Maybe a better question is where should I look for it in the online check-in? Any screen shots? For those who have booked online leaving from Galveston. Since this is only port using this system at this time.

As was stated by JH soon it will be rolling out for all embarkation ports. Since my cruise is paid and online check-in is complete I guess I will be checking Carnival dot com often so we don't get stuck with a later time slot.

Maybe a better question is where should I look for it in the online check-in? Any screen shots? For those who have booked online leaving from Galveston. Since this is only port using this system at this time.

As was stated by JH soon it will be rolling out for all embarkation ports. Since my cruise is paid and online check-in is complete I guess I will be checking Carnival dot com often so we don't get stuck with a later time slot.

If you are leaving from Galveston, then go to manage your cruise and choose check-in. I had already done everything for a FEB cruise, including boarding passes and luggage tags. As soon as I heard I went back and had the option of choosing my time. Just reprinted boarding passes.

If you are leaving from Galveston, then go to manage your cruise and choose check-in. I had already done everything for a FEB cruise, including boarding passes and luggage tags. As soon as I heard I went back and had the option of choosing my time. Just reprinted boarding passes.

They now have 10-10:30 option on mine.

They now have 10-10:30 option on mine.

Thanks so much for sharing this. I just went back to my booking (Originally earliest time was 10:30) and saw they had added the 10:00 slot. Change very quickly and reprinted boarding pass. The quicker I get on the ship....the quicker I start have fun!!

Thanks for the heads up. Went and checked and our 2/13 cruise opened up a 10-10:30 slot. Changed our 10:30-11:00 to the earlier time. Really glad because our shuttle is arriving 9:30 (not by our choice, they moved our pick-up time earlier).

We went out of Galveston for a Thanksgiving cruise and I highly suggest to pick the earliest time available. If you get there early, unless you have a fttf or you are platinum guest, you will be turned away and told to come back at your assigned time. By picking the earliest time, no matter if you are late, you can immediately board. Have FUN!!

Thanks for the update. Even though we have FTTF, we still chose our time. O

When this first started our FEB 20 cruise only showed 10:30 slot originally. Now shows the 10 AM and I changed to that.

Feel Carnival will tweak this until it runs smoother than silk. At first stated FTTF did not have to chose. Changed to FTTF should choose. Who knows what next as FTTF includes early boarding - at least after weddings, diamond and platinum.

Edited by Swampbaby

Thanks for the update. Even though we have FTTF, we still chose our time. O

When this first started our FEB 20 cruise only showed 10:30 slot originally. Now shows the 10 AM and I changed to that.

Feel Carnival will tweak this until it runs smoother than silk. At first stated FTTF did not have to chose. Changed to FTTF should choose. Who knows what next as FTTF includes early boarding - at least after weddings, diamond and platinum.

I read in another thread that even Platinum had to choose when they did the online check in. I would hope they would fix this on their online check in system because if Platinum/Diamond and or FTTF can check in at the terminal whenever they want I would think Carnival controls the Check in times available online therefore if all the 10:00 AM slots are taken and a percentage of them are taken by plat/diamond then they will take that time slot away once it reaches a specific number making it unavailable for others. Terminal will not have many people then checking in at that time slot (because plat/diamond/fttf check in is at another area of the terminal.)

Hope that made sense LOl

I read in another thread that even Platinum had to choose when they did the online check in. I would hope they would fix this on their online check in system because if Platinum/Diamond and or FTTF can check in at the terminal whenever they want I would think Carnival controls the Check in times available online therefore if all the 10:00 AM slots are taken and a percentage of them are taken by plat/diamond then they will take that time slot away once it reaches a specific number making it unavailable for others. Terminal will not have many people then checking in at that time slot (because plat/diamond/fttf check in is at another area of the terminal.)

Hope that made sense LOl

Glad I'm Diamond!

Thank you for the help where to look!

lele100 I am in the same boat with you but won't get much love from many about "taking early times." Most responses I have seen are ...then buy FTTF or get to D/P status...:rolleyes: As I have not sailed on Carnival yet I feel I shouldn't say to much. Lol. It is from my understanding (other CC posts/JH) that Priority passengers have their own area/entrance and check-in areas in Galveston. Hence the other area for general boarding would be mostly vacant making your question understandable.

Maybe Carnival has these passengers flagged when picking times that it doesn't take away time slots from the non-priority passengers. Maybe just gives Carnival a basic idea of what to expect from the priority groups and their planed boarding times. Wishful thinking at least.

Edited by kindatravelsavy19

I don't know if the platinum Diamond check in is changing too though? I read in one of these threads that Platinums were checked in at the main lines on the roll out of this program. Whether that was a one time deal or the new norm, I don't know.

I'm really curious how a 10AM check in will work out. If Royals ship is in on same day, and both ships haven't debarked by then, parking lot could be a total cluster. I'd definitely go for off site parking going that early. I almost never get there early, but I got there between 10-11 last summer and it was insane. It took us an hour to get a bus from parking lot to terminal. No, I am not exaggerating at all.

Just FYI - we did the Galveston staggered check in a couple of weeks ago. We had the 10:30 am time, and didn't get on the ship until after 12. We sat in the terminal just waiting after a quick check-in. They called the high status cruisers (diamond? platinum?), then FTTF, then by zones and we were zone 3. We were expecting to get on after checking in, and that wasn't the case. Maybe there was some unique situation that day but they didn't announce anything. The 10:30 time seemed pretty pointless to us if they weren't letting anyone on until later anyway.

Oh for Pete's sake. I'm so confused.

We're on the Fantasy out of Charleston in January. I have already "checked in" but I do not see where I'm supposed to pick a time.

Am I missing something or has this not affected the Fantasy yet ?

Just FYI - we did the Galveston staggered check in a couple of weeks ago. We had the 10:30 am time, and didn't get on the ship until after 12. We sat in the terminal just waiting after a quick check-in. They called the high status cruisers (diamond? platinum?), then FTTF, then by zones and we were zone 3. We were expecting to get on after checking in, and that wasn't the case. Maybe there was some unique situation that day but they didn't announce anything. The 10:30 time seemed pretty pointless to us if they weren't letting anyone on until later anyway.

They obviously have to have everyone off the ship from the previous cruise. We are Platinum, arrive early for check-in, and usually wait in a lounge or separate area until the ship is cleared & ready for new passengers.

We sail mostly from Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Oh for Pete's sake. I'm so confused.

We're on the Fantasy out of Charleston in January. I have already "checked in" but I do not see where I'm supposed to pick a time.

Am I missing something or has this not affected the Fantasy yet ?

So far, it is only for ships currently sailing out of Galveston, but it's been announced that the program will be rolled out to other ships. No timetable that I've seen, but I'm sure someone will post when they're asked to choose a time cruising out of a different port.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

Thank you for the help where to look!

lele100 I am in the same boat with you but won't get much love from many about "taking early times." Most responses I have seen are ...then buy FTTF or get to D/P status...:rolleyes: As I have not sailed on Carnival yet I feel I shouldn't say to much. Lol. It is from my understanding (other CC posts/JH) that Priority passengers have their own area/entrance and check-in areas in Galveston. Hence the other area for general boarding would be mostly vacant making your question understandable.

Maybe Carnival has these passengers flagged when picking times that it doesn't take away time slots from the non-priority passengers. Maybe just gives Carnival a basic idea of what to expect from the priority groups and their planed boarding times. Wishful thinking at least.

kindatravelsavy19,

I'm sorry I should have stated I am Platinum. I was just stating an opinion. Even though I am platinum I just think it would not be fair to those that are not if We took some early spots online (when we really don't need to) and took away for those who could use them.

Keep in mind, at least for now, this is only being trialed out of the Galveston Port...John did say it was going great and would be extended after the New Year..

Also, this is only for checking in, not boarding... You check in during your assigned time... depending on how fast the previous guest depart or no surprise inspections, you seriously have no idea what time boarding is... Don't want everyone thinking that you check in and get on between 10-10:30.

And I do agree with some previous posters, I am Platinum, and when and if my turns comes for me to have to pick a time slot, it will be the latest one possible... Leave the early check-in time slots for those that didn't get FTTF or aren't yet Diamond or Platinum...

So if you pick the 10:00 time how long would you "Normally" have to wait before boarding the ship. I say "Normally" because there lot factors that can affect board times but if everything goes as planned how long would you be in the waiting area....

Edited by dhaza

So if you pick the 10:00 time how long would you "Normally" have to wait before boarding the ship. I say "Normally" because there lot factors that can affect board times but if everything goes as planned how long would you be in the waiting area....

It depend upon how many Plats there are and how many FTTF are sold, and then upon how many of those choose to show up early. If there are, say 200 Plats and Diamonds, and Carnival sells 100 FTTF rooms with , say 250 paxs, and the majority show up early, it will be a long wait. the same thing could happen if the majority all decide to show up at, say, noon. Frankly, I do not believe the numbers that some say Carnival limits FTTF to anyway, but that is just my opinion.

The problem is that Carnival will have no idea when all of these FTTF, etc. people will show up because they can board when they please. They should limit FTTF to so many a time slot, first come, first served. Most people that purchase FTTF say they do so for the tendering Guest services, or luggage perk anyway.

I am just slightly paranoid that the roll out will occur and we will miss the early times due to that I have already did all my online checking in and bag tags ect. since I am cruising in Feb. I have nightmares that I don't see that it started all that will be left is 2:30 that evening when I get home. At this point I would guess 95% of cabins have been booked by now. Many eager cruisers out there camped out on the Carnival website. LOL.:eek: