Emerald Lotus pool/sanctuary

pixiestyx

Hello! I am new to Princess and will be on the Emerald in Feb. I've just read about the sanctuary and that there is a charge. Does the lotus pool also have a charge?

How do you go about booking this? I don't think we'll be too bothered about the sanctuary because we have an S3 suite A751 (which I was told has a nice large balcony) so we will likely enjoy our private quiet area. But on sea days, I like to use the pool but prefer a quiet adult only area.

I usually cruise on Royal/Celebrity and they both have a free adult-only solarium with pool.

The Louts Spa Pool is not part of the Sanctuary. It, as well as the Terrace Pool, are designated as adults only. Well at least that's what the small and hard to see signage says.

There is no charge to use any pool on any Princess ship, nor is there any pool within the confines of the Sanctuary (unless you wish to count the reto-fitted Sanctuaries on the Aussie Sun-class ships and Coral Princess which were built around existing tiny splash pools).

I will also add I consider the Lotus Spa pool area on Princess ships much nicer than the indoor solarium pools on both the Vision class RCI ships and the M-class Celebrity ships (my limited recent experiences on those lines). Also a big plus that the Lotus pool does not share its space with a food counter like the Aqua Spa Cafe on X or the Park Cafe on RCI. Though I'm sure their fans disagree...

Edited by fishywood

As stated the Lotus Spa Pool is a free adults only pool located on deck 16 all the way forward. There are also free sauna and steam rooms there. Seating is very limited around this pool, and loungers fill quickly. There are also loungers just above the pool on deck 17. There is no bar or food service close by. A bar waiter may pass by at times. Since your cabin is all the way aft may I suggest the Terrace Pool. This pool is also adults only and is on deck 14 one deck above your cabin, There is nice seating around the pool. One flight of stairs up to deck15 is the Outrigger Bar, tables for eating, as well as access to the buffet area.