Yes, another drinks package question

Hi not that we are alcoholics, but our question is are the packages really unlimited. We are looking at the ultimate package, so if we for instance l want six cocktails are we going to fined out that we will be charged for one cocktail because they have say a limit of 5 cocktails in the package.

If there is a limit do you get notified that you have reached it so you do not automatically get charged and get a shock at the end of the cruise.

If there is a something on RCCL's website we can't find it so if there is the info on the site could you please send the link.

Thanks

Mark and Allan

Hi not that we are alcoholics, but our question is are the packages really unlimited. We are looking at the ultimate package, so if we for instance l want six cocktails are we going to fined out that we will be charged for one cocktail because they have say a limit of 5 cocktails in the package.

If there is a limit do you get notified that you have reached it so you do not automatically get charged and get a shock at the end of the cruise.

If there is a something on RCCL's website we can't find it so if there is the info on the site could you please send the link.

Thanks

Mark and Allan

It is unlimited, there is no time limit to wait between ordering drinks. But they will cut you off if you appear to be drunk.

Thanks

Mark and Allan

The only limits are that you cannot have more than one drink at a time and that you cannot share drinks.

Edited by clarea

Thanks

Mark and Allan

In my mind, there is a clear distinction between "Alcoholic" and "Alcohol Enthusiast" I refer myself as being the later beer-drinking.gif

I also was a bit apprehensive about the UP on our last cruise. But all was good. I was easily able to get 2 drinks at once when I also had my wife's card with me. Drinks were always made with top shelf spirits, and we never had any issues if we asked to get our beers unopened to bring to the room. We did this a few times on the first day in order to stock up a bit in our room mini bar so that we could have a beer when getting ready for dinner without heading out to a bar. We also stocked up on water bottles.

dp

Edited by dpostman

I have had a package every cruise...and never had an issue. And I can assure you I have put it to good use each time..usually get my package's worth in the first day alone..lol.

But it is not like Carnival for example where you only get 15 drinks per day limit and then are cut off, even if you wanted to pay extra for the drinks etc.

I have had a package every cruise...and never had an issue. And I can assure you I have put it to good use each time..usually get my package's worth in the first day alone..lol.

Look at that... 2 guys from Moncton, both proclaiming the "Benefits" of the Booze package... Wonder if that means anything :D

dp

Lol....I never even noticed that...I guess it just might say something!...haha

Oh get my moneys worth and more each time I can assure you....maybe its the warm weather after leaving the cold here...or maybe its all the drink options or who knows....haha

In all honesty it was what kept me from trying cruising, was the cost of drinks. I always did AI's which are all included. Once the drink packages came out for cruising I have been cruising ever since and often!...

Edited by monctonguy

Thanks

Mark and Allan

I also want to clarify that you do not need to purchase the ultimate package to get unlimited cocktails. The same alcoholic beverages are included in both the premium and the ultimate. The difference between the two is that with the ultimate you also get the replenish package which includes fresh squeezed oj and premium coffees (lattes, espresso etc...). All of the beer, mixed and frozen cocktails are the same between the two and both are unlimited.

And while you can only get one drink at a time you can bring up two seapass cards to get the two drinks, and you can also order a double if you are drinking things like scotch or whiskey.

I also want to clarify that you do not need to purchase the ultimate package to get unlimited cocktails. The same alcoholic beverages are included in both the premium and the ultimate. The difference between the two is that with the ultimate you also get the replenish package which includes fresh squeezed oj and premium coffees (lattes, espresso etc...). All of the beer, mixed and frozen cocktails are the same between the two and both are unlimited.

And while you can only get one drink at a time you can bring up two seapass cards to get the two drinks, and you can also order a double if you are drinking things like scotch or whiskey.

I'm not one to stereotype, but I can assume that someone with the username "Bellyflopchamp" has got to be going with a booze package ;)

dp