Barcelona tour with luggage storage? (Alternative to BCN Day tours)

SquishTheWhale

I've booked a tour for debarkation day with Barcelona Day Tours. They are going to pick us up in a mini van and store our luggage securely while we tour, then drop us at the airport for our 5pm flight.

I'm very happy with what we've booked, however as of 30 days out we are the only people booked (2 of us) and they want a minimum of 4. I've tried to recruit from our roll call however it seems like everyone is touring BCN pre cruise rather than post! So I want to start looking at back up plans but I can't find anything similar. I've looked at posts on here about alternative companies, however they all seem to offer walking tours and don't mention storing luggage. Can anyone help me with a company that does like-for-like with Barcelona day tours?

I've had a suggestion of just asking a hostel if I can store my luggage for a few hours and give them a few euros, but I'm really not comfortable doing something like that. As we only have a few hours I also don't really want to DIY as we don't know where we're going- I think we'd get more out of a tour! Also not keen on the NCL tour as it's expensive and sounds like you spend the whole time on a big coach.

I had booked a tour with Spain Day tours but found out it was a drive by tour with no going into buildings etc.. cancelled it and now planning my own day trip- we are spending the night and flying out next day.. read somewhere that some one will take luggage to airport for you. not sure how it works but research or ask on here

I had booked a tour with Spain Day tours but found out it was a drive by tour with no going into buildings etc.. cancelled it and now planning my own day trip- we are spending the night and flying out next day.. read somewhere that some one will take luggage to airport for you. not sure how it works but research or ask on here

I found a company who say they do that, but I can't find any reviews for them so not sure about it! Our other option is to just head straight to the airport, but as our flight isnt til 5 we will have a big wait!

How much time do you have before your flight? Here are some possible solutions for luggage storage - http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/pier-luggage-storage-sightseeing-then-airport.html

Barcelona is very easy to do yourself. Take one of the HOHO buses and you will see everything with the option to get off when you want.

I've booked a tour for debarkation day with Barcelona Day Tours. They are going to pick us up in a mini van and store our luggage securely while we tour, then drop us at the airport for our 5pm flight.

I'm very happy with what we've booked, however as of 30 days out we are the only people booked (2 of us) and they want a minimum of 4. I've tried to recruit from our roll call however it seems like everyone is touring BCN pre cruise rather than post! So I want to start looking at back up plans but I can't find anything similar. I've looked at posts on here about alternative companies, however they all seem to offer walking tours and don't mention storing luggage. Can anyone help me with a company that does like-for-like with Barcelona day tours?

I've had a suggestion of just asking a hostel if I can store my luggage for a few hours and give them a few euros, but I'm really not comfortable doing something like that. As we only have a few hours I also don't really want to DIY as we don't know where we're going- I think we'd get more out of a tour! Also not keen on the NCL tour as it's expensive and sounds like you spend the whole time on a big coach.

Interesting they want 4. I looked into them for my arrival day, and I am solo. They were fine with one person - it would have been more for me as it's the same price as for up to 4, but they had no issues with me being solo. (I have ended up going with a company that fits me better - and my first day I will just be on my own... much happier.)

Interesting they want 4. I looked into them for my arrival day, and I am solo. They were fine with one person - it would have been more for me as it's the same price as for up to 4, but they had no issues with me being solo. (I have ended up going with a company that fits me better - and my first day I will just be on my own... much happier.)

I could book a private tour for just the two of us, but its much more expensive than a shared one!

Thanks for the other suggestions re baggage storage. It's not 100% what I want but it might be my only choice if we can't get a tour! We will have two very large suitcases, do you know if the storage facilities will be able to take large bags?

I could book a private tour for just the two of us, but its much more expensive than a shared one!

Thanks for the other suggestions re baggage storage. It's not 100% what I want but it might be my only choice if we can't get a tour! We will have two very large suitcases, do you know if the storage facilities will be able to take large bags?

My main issue is I don't want to be subjected to what someone else wants to do. It's worth it to me to pay more so I can make the choices and not have to worry that whoever I'm sharing with won't want to do the same things and I'll get outvoted - especially in my case being solo.

Enjoy Barcelona with total freedom

Free of unnecessary weights

Freedom of movement

Quote of 10 €/bag regardless of size or weight just for online booking

5€ each extra day and suitcase

Your luggage on time in the meeting point

My main issue is I don't want to be subjected to what someone else wants to do. It's worth it to me to pay more so I can make the choices and not have to worry that whoever I'm sharing with won't want to do the same things and I'll get outvoted - especially in my case being solo.

I can see how that would be a concern especially if you're solo! With us we don't know Barcelona at all so are happy to go with the flow of a tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What company did u choose? I am going solo in May on a cruise from Barcelona to Athens and have a long time between arrival in airport at Barcelona to cruise embarkation. Debating what to do.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way- not sure if it was from me posting on the next cruise's roll call but we now have 4 confirmed so the trip is going ahead! Really glad as none of the alternatives worked for us.

Glad that BCN Day Tours worked out for you. We are in the same position as we are 2 and they need a minimum of 4. I hope posting on our Roll Call works out and gets some commitments. We want the Montserrat and Cava tour for the day and be dropped of at the Viking Star in February.