Transport from Bananarama to Gumbalimba?

smileytrips

I have already booked transport for us through Bananarama from our cruise ship in MB. I'm now thinking, if time permits, that I would like to go to Gumbalimba for a while. Would that be possible on my own? Any suggestions on how to get there and how much time would we need once there. Thank you.

I believe Gumbalinda restricts cruisers from walking in on their own. You'll need to book a ship excursion. However, you might inquire with Bananarama as to whether they can provide you with access by confirming or issuing a pass or what ever is needed for resort vacationers to visit the Park since resort vacationers aren't under similar restrictions as cruisers.

But to answer your question on walking. You can walk along the beach up to at least Las Rocas resort. and maybe on up to the small inlet/cove, but you'll need to cut through private property to get to Palm Lane and the entrance to the park. Not sure if that's doable. Assuming you can get around the cove, you might be able to walk up to the entrance from the beach. But again, the Park, may not allow that. If Bananarama can give you access, they may provide, or the park as part of it's "tour" may provide, transportation.

After looking at a map, it looks very close. Just wondering if we could walk along the beach to get there?

Yes, it is easy enough to get to Gumbalimba from the beach... there is a funky set of stairs up and over a boat canal. The Gumbalimba property is just the other side of the canal. When I have walked past on cruise days there have been kayaks and what not on the beach, there has also been staff about in Gumbalimba T-shirts.

The problem, is as mentioned above, all the info says cruise ship people have to go though the ship....though if you were up for the walk perhaps they would not turn you away, I mean who refuses money.

I have no idea how much time you would need to see the park, the walk up from Foster's may take 5/10 mins.