ultimate on sun?

bz

Are the ultimate breakfasts and/or dinners available on the Sun? We are sailing 10/29, 2 couples 2/cabins next to each other. Can the balconies on the Aloha deck connect? Can an ultimate dinner for 4 be arranged? I know the balconies are small, but I was just wondering as my friend has a birthday on 11/2 & it would be great to do that with her. If not that, what's the scoop on Sabitini's? I was pretty disappointed in Chops on the Mariner last Oct., didn't think it was worth the extra money. We had so many waitstaff telling us what a wonderful treat we were in for that we found it very annoying. We would have liked better service/food & less chatter.

Can only answer your Ultimate Balcony Dinner question. When we sailed on Sun in April through Panama Canal, this option was not available. Hope they have changed that by now. It seems like a great and romantic outing. It may not be offered due to the narrower balconies.

Even if it is offered on your ship, there is no way the balconies on Aloha deck would accommodate the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for four adults. I asked if they can do more than two, and they don't like to, but they can, but they said it was tight even on the Caribe deck balconies. It would be absolutely impossible on the Aloha Deck balconies. There is just a door opening between the balconies; it's not like the entire balcony partition separates.

There is no Sabitini's on the Sun Princess. There is Sterling Steakhouse which is usually held in a part of the Horizon Court. Half of the Horizon Court is closed off and they convert that to a Steakhouse setting. There is also a free pizzeria...

Here is an example of a (Caribe) balcony on the Dawn Princess (similar to Sun):

Image-BF1F2D82C88511D8.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

Nice to hear from fellow jersey girl. My girlfriend & I are both ex-jersey girls going on our 4th cruise with our DHs. Thanks for your reply. We are counting the days - got our documents this weekend, so that makes it pretty official. Keep hearing pros & cons on this ship, looking forward to judging for ourselves. Last cruise was on the Mariner, so this will be quite a change. Next year the Freedom.

Archived