Solo ships

appletinine

The consensus from those who have been on all the newer ships seems to be that the Epic has the best studio/lounge setup.

The Escape doesn't have a bar in the lounge, although it does have a wine dispenser. The only one I haven't been into is the Epic, but it is apparently bigger and nicer than the others.

Edited by KeithJenner

Any recommendations which ship has better studio/lounge area? Better ship for solo cruisers?

I have only been on Epic but friends have sailed on Getaway and Escape as well as Epic and enjoyed all the facilities of the Studio Lounge. Personally I could not find fault with the Studio Lounge on Epic. Tea and coffee and snacks available 24/7 - could even have continental breakfast at leisure in the Lounge. The crew member assigned to the solo passengers was very good. She would arrange for us to join together for dinner, the shows and even helped us plan shore excursions together - she was actually more helpful than the shore excursion staff! It was left to each person to decide whether or not they wanted to be part of a large group or just do something with one or two people in the evening. Some good friendships were formed in our group and I am still in contact with several of them. In fact one person will be on the same sailing as myself on Epic for the Christmas cruise.

Good Luck with your plans. You will not be disappointed with the studio cabins

Suzanne