Visa required for re-entry?

Donsyb

We are taking the MSC cruise from/ to Havana.

I know we will need the tourist card to enter Cuba to join the cruise. Does anyone know what happens when the cruise returns to Cuba - will the cruise ship provide more cards, or do we need to have got those in advance?

We are taking the MSC cruise from/ to Havana.

I know we will need the tourist card to enter Cuba to join the cruise. Does anyone know what happens when the cruise returns to Cuba - will the cruise ship provide more cards, or do we need to have got those in advance?

Since this is so new . I would call MSC direct and ask them.

Cuba also requires a payment of 20 Convertible Cuban peso when departing by air.

When we arrived by air for an AI . We where given a Cuban entry stamp on a piece of paper . When we left we paid our 20 pesos and gave the piece of paper back to the agent.

Since this is so new . I would call MSC direct and ask them.

Cuba also requires a payment of 20 Convertible Cuban peso when departing by air.

When we arrived by air for an AI . We where given a Cuban entry stamp on a piece of paper . When we left we paid our 20 pesos and gave the piece of paper back to the agent.

When did you last go to Cuba? My understanding is that since March this year, the exit fee is included in all air fares so no longer payable at the time of departure.

I actually found the answer to my original question on the MSC website - they will provide on board for 15 euros.

• 3 weeks later...
When did you last go to Cuba? My understanding is that since March this year, the exit fee is included in all air fares so no longer payable at the time of departure.

I actually found the answer to my original question on the MSC website - they will provide on board for 15 euros.

We were there December 5-12 as part of a People to People land visit. When we left Tampa, the charter airline representatives gave each passenger a two part visa, one part of which we surrendered on arrival. We safely tucked the other part into our passports and surrendered it on our departure. On Thursday, before our Saturday departure, our tour group leader announced that the 25 CUC exit payment was no longer required. And it wasn't.

• 2 months later...

I flew out of Havana yesterday on a Cayman Airways flight and there was no departure tax. That idea has been consigned to history.

On the subject of tourist cards - like Donsyb we are visiting Cuba twice. We flew into Havana for 3 days and had one set of cards. Now we are in Grand Cayman and will join a ship on Sunday which spends four days cruising the south coast of Cuba. We have a second set of tourist cards for that. It is essential you get them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Diane - It was a UK company called Noble Caledonia. The ship was the Serenissima with a maximum of 100 passengers though there were only 62 passengers on board for our cruise which sailed from Grand Cayman to Antigua. Here is a photo of our ship. It's the one in the middle.

25896812300_7b33e2e1de_z.jpgSint Maarten by UltraPanavision, on Flickr

Edited by Fletcher

• 5 months later...
Diane - It was a UK company called Noble Caledonia. The ship was the Serenissima with a maximum of 100 passengers though there were only 62 passengers on board for our cruise which sailed from Grand Cayman to Antigua. Here is a photo of our ship. It's the one in the middle.

25896812300_7b33e2e1de_z.jpgSint Maarten by UltraPanavision, on Flickr

I didn't realise there was one in the middle until I had another look, lol. Sounds like fun!