Dream Reviews?

Indytraveler83

Ok, Ok, I know, bad reviews are usually not representative of the ship.

But... I've been looking for recent reviews of the Dream to give me something to look forward to (and some food/oceanview/ship pics), and while I've seen a couple of recent reviews that were positive, there are a ton of negative reviews from the past few months, and it seems like they've went from favorable to downright nasty in a hurry.

Core complaints are on food quality, customer service (especially dining and room service staff) and generally chaotic lines to go anywhere.

Is it maybe just the holidays? Or just a blip in the reviews? People going in with unrealistic expectation? Or is this ship struggling?

My previous sailing was on the Elation, and I had a good time on that ship. I'd like to think I know what Carnival's food, bedding and service standards are. The Elation is generally one of Carnival's worst rated ships (as its one of the most outdated) so I don't think my expectations would be too high...

So can any recent Dream cruisers attest to what's going on with the Dream right now? Everything still good on the ship?

I have not cruised on the Dream in a while but, I will give you my two cents anyway. :D During our cruise I found the food of the same quality as all the other ships. The staff was very good with the exception of one young lady at the Guest Services desk. The ship itself was very nice and clean. We found the spa cabins to be wonderful. It did feel a bit crowded to us. I would not worry too much. I am sure you will have a great time.

Funny thing about reviews....if someone has a perceived issue they use reviews to vent and vent and vent. Must be something cathartic about it. Satisfied customers are seemingly more apt to go on their way after a cruise since writing about their experiences doesn't seem to be an emotional release like what the complainers need.

Breeze sails full week after week...

We sailed her for the first time over spring break and will be on her again for Christmas. We had a great time. The only thing we missed was the sushi restaurant and table top shuffleboard they have on the Breeze. Food was consistent with other ships, staff was great and we love the trip down the river!

I was just on the Dream for the 10/25 Halloween sailing. The food was great, the service was wonderful, and I did not see overly long lines anywhere. The only place that ever felt crowded was the are where they take pictures, and that was only on formal night. I highly recommend the Dream!

I was just on the Dream for the 10/25 Halloween sailing. The food was great, the service was wonderful, and I did not see overly long lines anywhere. The only place that ever felt crowded was the are where they take pictures, and that was only on formal night. I highly recommend the Dream!

That's good to hear. I'm really eager to see this ship in person! I've badly wanted to sail this ship for a few years and was getting worried!

Ive been reading Dream reviews also, and its making me nervous. I first cruised on the Glory about 8 years ago, and this will be husbands first cruise. If he is not impressed I fear we will never cruise again. I hope the bad reviews are just people being unrealistic and negative nancy's.

Some people really feel like they are entitled to everything, and I don't want to share my fun ship cruise them anyways! They can go elsewhere!

But... I've been looking for recent reviews of the Dream to give me something to look forward to

It's been 2 years since we were on the Dream, but we loved her. You said you were looking for a review to give you something to look forward to. If you are tired of the negative reviews and just want an extensive review with TONS of pictures, take a look at my review listed in my signature line below. (This is also coming from someone who mainly sails with NCL, this was my first Carnival cruise, and we have since done another Carnival cruise this year because we loved our experience on the Dream). ;)

It's been 2 years since we were on the Dream, but we loved her. You said you were looking for a review to give you something to look forward to. If you are tired of the negative reviews and just want an extensive review with TONS of pictures, take a look at my review listed in my signature line below. (This is also coming from someone who mainly sails with NCL, this was my first Carnival cruise, and we have since done another Carnival cruise this year because we loved our experience on the Dream). ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I usually don't let the negatives get to me when they are few and far between, but I'd seen quite a few on the same problems! and got worried. I'll just try to keep my head down and look forward. It looks like you guys had a great time, and I hope we do too!

First let me say All cruises are good cruises. But our Dream wasn't what we had hoped for. The staff couldn't keep up with demand--- the amount of staff onboard was too small. from dinning teams to GS to maintaince.

I'm glad we sailed her and have decided that she just wasn't the right ship for us-too big. We still had a good time. And we have booked another Carnival but a smaller ship. Have a great time!

I have seen that too but it usually the complainers need to come up with as much stuff as possible to make their "complaints" seem more valid. I am never going to care about stained carpet, or chipped paint because I am too busy enjoying myself to go looking for that. Food is extremely subjective and I have certainly NEVER starved on a cruise ship. Is it always the best food I have ever ate? nope, but it is better than cooking and cleaning myself. Rude staff usually means someone wanted something and they couldn't have it. On all my cruises I can't think of what staff member that stands out as overly rude or awful, most were usually smiling and quick to serve. Skip the one star reviews and go to the ones that are more balanced. PS - I have not been on the Dream yet but will be on in March so I am reading reviews right along with you :cool:

I am a NOLA cruiser and I usually go on the Elation for a cheap quick getaway and for the most part, pretty satisfied.

I was on the Dream in September 2015 and loved it! I liked the Movies on the Deck at night with the popcorn and blankets. HA HA

The food was good as well. We did all of our seaday breakfeast/brunch in the Crimson room via Seaday Brunch. Filet Migon, eggs benedict, YUM

The lania deck (deck 5, cant sp), for lunch was the ticket. We loved the pulled port sliders, sausages, bbq chicken and all the fixings. I was suprized, it was great.

We also loved the Indian Food.

We pretty much stayed away from the buffet except to get coffee, etc, some cookies

The boat was clean and the employees were fine.

I am not a magnifying glass kind of person, just glad it was clean, friendly and I could get around the ship ok without a jam.

Book it, its a blast!!!!!!!

Cruised the Dream twice within the last year and loved it. Friendly staff everywhere we turned but did have one server in MDR who seemed overwhelmed or just didn't care. Whatever, certainly didn't ruin our cruise! The food is OK but no different than on the Elation. Not the best but I never went hungry! You should love the ship!! Oh, and lines can be long but avoid peak times and sailing during holidays and/or summer means lots more people which is true on any ship and any line!

Edited by BigB0882

[...]

So can any recent Dream cruisers attest to what's going on with the Dream right now? Everything still good on the ship?

I just read the CC Dream reviews, and you are right, there is a lot of negativity going on. OTOH, many review posted in the CCL forum are positive. I think it is just a matter of expectation and seeing the glass as half-empty.

But... I've been looking for recent reviews of the Dream to give me something to look forward to (and some food/oceanview/ship pics), and while I've seen a couple of recent reviews that were positive, there are a ton of negative reviews from the past few months, and it seems like they've went from favorable to downright nasty in a hurry.

Core complaints are on food quality, customer service (especially dining and room service staff) and generally chaotic lines to go anywhere.

Is it maybe just the holidays? Or just a blip in the reviews? People going in with unrealistic expectation? Or is this ship struggling?

My previous sailing was on the Elation, and I had a good time on that ship. I'd like to think I know what Carnival's food, bedding and service standards are. The Elation is generally one of Carnival's worst rated ships (as its one of the most outdated) so I don't think my expectations would be too high...

We just got off the Dream last Sunday. I can honestly say that although the Dream is a very pretty ship, and the staff was great, this was not my favorite ship. It rocked the whole week (could have been the wind and seas) but my biggest problem was that there was not much to do. The CD was never seen round and about. The piano bar closed early most nights or not open at all. It just seemed dead at night. We still had a great cruise but I don't book a cruise because of the ship, if I did, I would not be rebooking on the Dream.

We just got off the Dream last Sunday. I can honestly say that although the Dream is a very pretty ship, and the staff was great, this was not my favorite ship. It rocked the whole week (could have been the wind and seas) but my biggest problem was that there was not much to do. The CD was never seen round and about. The piano bar closed early most nights or not open at all. It just seemed dead at night. We still had a great cruise but I don't book a cruise because of the ship, if I did, I would not be rebooking on the Dream.

That is shocking to me. The Dream has always been one of the liveliest of all Carnival ships. I have been on dead ships: Miracle, somewhat with the Breeze, so I know what dead ships are like. My 3 Dream cruises have always been extremely lively with so much going on. It's the main thing that made me want to keep going back on the Dream. I really hope that this hasn't gone downhill on this ship. I hope that you just hit a bad week somehow. But, thanks for your report.

I cruised on the Dream in October 2014, and actually wrote a review you can search for it on this site). I had no complaints and actually had a wonderful time. The only negative I can recall, wasn't even about Carnival, but more about the Port in New Orleans. We are also going back on the Dream in October 2016, different itinerary. The Dream is one of the largest ships in the Carnival fleet, and we had a wonderful time on her!

I was aboard the Dream for 21 days during the Journeys cruise in October of this year. I thought the ship was beautifully maintained and the lay out was great. This was not a super lively cruise as most of the cruisers where like me.....retired. The activities were great. John Heald added a lot to that. The shows were good....my favorite was the comedy.

I am an experienced cruiser and my only complaint was the service in the MDR. It was friendly but extremely slow. Good thing we had good company at our table...otherwise it could have been a little aggravating. The food was good. We experienced bad service in the MDR for breakfast and brunch. I have never seen them so short handed. However, the room service was excellent Best I have ever seen.

Our cabin steward was excellent. No complaint there. We thought the bartenders could have been more friendly.

Overall our cruise was wonderful. I would love to sail on the Dream again!

We've been on the Dream twice and liked it enough to book a third time in February. We didn't seek out the Dream, price and itinerary just worked out that way. Both trips were great and up to our expectations. The second trip was the second half of the October Journeys Cruise where there were issues with embarkation and debarkation but that is not part of the normal process.

On the second cruise we tried YTD and didn't feel the service was as good as the regular time dining. The sea day brunches also took way too long. About 2 hours. I don't mind that for dinner, but not breakfast. None of the "issues" made the cruise and less enjoyable.

Unless you're just looking for problems there is no reason not to have a fantastic time.