Edinburgh Tattoo & Princess

georgiacat

I looked at the Caribbean Princess July 31, 2016 sailing for British Isles. I am interested in the Edinburgh Tattoo. This sailing is listed in the cruise atlas as being able to go to the Tattoo, but when I check the schedule on-line, the ship leaves the port at 7 pm (before the ceremony begins). Besides Pacific Princess, is there another Princess sailing that includes the Edinburgh Tattoo?

I looked at the Caribbean Princess July 31, 2016 sailing for British Isles. I am interested in the Edinburgh Tattoo. This sailing is listed in the cruise atlas as being able to go to the Tattoo, but when I check the schedule on-line, the ship leaves the port at 7 pm (before the ceremony begins). Besides Pacific Princess, is there another Princess sailing that includes the Edinburgh Tattoo?

The dates for next year's Tattoo are August 5th thru August 27th (http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/tickets/). When we did this on the Caribbean Princess in August 2013 we went to the Tattoo on the night we were docked in Glasgow. Check the itineraries of ships cruising those dates and if Glasgow has a departure time after midnight it is so passengers can go to the Tattoo. It is a wonderful experience - I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Hi

If you do tattoo from Greenock, its a long day, great fun but its around midnight to early hours before you will get back to ship,

If you do it from Roysth its only a short trip over the river Forth, to Fife.

Princess used to do it from Queensferry but this meant a night tender, great fun if you are fit and wiling to take the risk, but safety guys put an end to this.

As to tattoo is simply a must see, refereed to as the greatest show on earth for good reason,

If you require any info about any of the ports just ask.

http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/tickets/

yours Shogun

These two cruises include the Tattoo. Caribbean Princess departing Southampton on

• July 31st will be in Glasgow/Greenock on August 5th with a 2 am departure on the 6th.

• August 12th will be in Glasgow/Greenock on August 19th with a 2 am departure on the 20th.

Thank you for pointing out that the Tattoo opportunity leaves from Glasgow instead of Edinburgh where I would expect it to be. Does anyone know why it does not do the Tattoo expedition from Edinburgh?

Edinburgh (Queensferry) is a tender port. Maybe also to do with tides and time it takes to get to Le Havre.

Hi All

For those who do not know the river Forth, Edinburgh Queensferry is on the Edinburgh side of the river and is a tender stop.

Edinburgh Roysth is a dock for small ships, and is on the Fife side of the river, meaning a trip a cross the Forth Bridge.

http://www.cruiseforth.com/

yours Shogun

Thank you for the link. That helps us plan our days there, other than seeing the Tattoo, which was the primary reason for choosing this this itinerary.

Thank you for the link. That helps us plan our days there, other than seeing the Tattoo, which was the primary reason for choosing this this itinerary.

The Tattoo is certainly a highlight but each of the ports available on this type of itinerary is remarkable. Other than Edinburgh, you haven't mentioned what the other ports are so it's hard to comment. Edinburgh is worth a day - visit the castle, walk the Royal Mile. Is Kirkwall on your itinerary? It's my all-time favorite cruise port with it's treasure trove of archaeological history. Then there's Dublin, Belfast, etc., etc., etc.