Plastic pontoon wharf at Mystery Island replaced

6666oz

This is good news , we visited Mystery Island 2 weeks ago on the 26th Nov, and that silly floating Plastic pontoon wharf has been replaced with concrete blocks which is way more stable, Last year my missus had an fall on the plastic pontoon wharf when it pitched in the swell, lets hope it gets improved even more.:D

This is good news , we visited Mystery Island 2 weeks ago on the 26th Nov, and that silly floating Plastic pontoon wharf has been replaced with concrete blocks which is way more stable, Last year my missus had an fall on the plastic pontoon wharf when it pitched in the swell, lets hope it gets improved even more.:D

That is good news if it is more stable and thus safer.:D

We were there for the first time last month on Voyager of the Seas, and found the set up to be pretty stable, just one bit in the middle that was moving a bit as you walked on it.

We were quite impressed with the island. There was a decent toilet block and some nice paths set out through the island. There are some other places in the South Pacific that could try to do a bit more for all the money they must be getting from cruise ships. We want it to retain some natural beauty, but some places have taken the rustic look a bit far :)

mystery%20island%20tenders.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

We were there for the first time last month on Voyager of the Seas, and found the set up to be pretty stable, just one bit in the middle that was moving a bit as you walked on it.

Thanks for the pic of the wharf.

Edited by MicCanberra

Hi K&S.

Don't see myself in your photo.:)

Sea you in Feb.:D

S&A

Ah, you should have been somewhere on the island :) Was a beautiful day for us.

About Feb, we had a change of plans on that! Sorry to say, staff issues, so we have had to make changes. :( I am sure we will see you around on another one before long. :)

• 1 month later...

Back in November they were banging some pylons into the beach next to the concrete wharf , noticed last night in cruise ship doco , that the pylons had been installed , very strange pattern, be interesting to see what they are doing with them.

Edited by 6666oz

Back in November they were banging some pylons into the beach next to the concrete wharf , noticed last night in cruise ship doco , that the pylons had been installed , very strange pattern, be interesting to see what they are doing with them.

The pylons were there in January with nothing else done. I am thinking that they may build a more permanent wharf perhaps parallel to the beach from the existing concrete blocks to the poles.