Regal Formal Nights - jacket mandatory for men

sjh422

It depends on the maitre d' and where the ship is. British Isles cruise seems more strict. But he will probably be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will change from crew to crew. On our Tahiti, Hawaii cruise, one of our tablemates was sent back to get a coat.

Although they request a jacket it's not a true requirement. Save yourself packing one & just take a long sleeve shirt which will suffice & roll up the sleeves.

Many guys on my last cruise just had on short sleeve shirts without the jacket.

And you will be in the minority but who really cares- Princess doesn't.

It is not about not wanting to wear the coat to dinner. Unfortunately, that simple request requires either a larger or additional suitcase to pack the coat.

I get the packing dilemna.. You can always rent. Just a thought.

Just off the Regal. At most, 50% of the men had jackets. Of the rest, half had ties and the other half only had button down dress shirts. Food in MDR was, in my opinion, kind of blah. Only reason we kept returning was for our great table mates. Missed one night for crab shack which was great.

We are booked on a january cruise on regal. Will DH be allowed in the dining room with a dress shirt and tie but no jacket?

You will be sailing out of Port Everglades. We are booked on the Regal for the end of January. In answer to your question, all your DH has to wear is a dress type shirt and a pair of khaki pants (dockers will do). Ties, coats, suits and tux are optional. I gave up the coat several years ago and will not wear a noose around my neck. Women can be similarly dressed. Main thing is they object to jeans but I have seen them worn on formal night in the MDR.