Caribbean Cruise - Dark running shoes in MDR

readyforacruiseagain

Yes I plan on wearing slacks, but want to bring casual clothes for our 5-day cruise. I have dark blue canvas running shoes I'd like to wear in MDR or the specialty restaurants.

Is this an issue based on the new dress codes?

Running our 75th Half Marathon at the Dallas Marathon on Sunday and a runner would never wear their running shoes anywhere but on a run.

So you just want to ware your sneakers.

Running our 75th Half Marathon at the Dallas Marathon on Sunday and a runner would never wear their running shoes anywhere but on a run.

So you just want to ware your sneakers.

My friends refer to me as running man as I am always somewhere running (and will be on board running round and round the deck). Of course I need to wear an iPod and have refused to ever do a marathon of any sorts.

Thanks for putting me in my place.;)

Edited by readyforacruiseagain

My friends refer to me as running man as I am always somewhere running (and will be on board running round and round the deck). Of course I need to wear an iPod and have refused to ever do a marathon of any sorts.

Thanks for putting me in my place.;)

Your Welcome ;)

I'll start by stating that I 100% agree with the new evening chic dress code. I still think however, the MDR should be considered and nice restaurant. I would recommend that you select your attire the same as you would for a nice land based restaurant. If you would wear the running shoes to a nice restaurant on your hometown, then they should be fine for the MDR. Let's keep Celebrity a modern luxury line and dress accordingly.

Because it is the Caribbean I asked that question. I just want to pack as light as possible and to pack a pair of shoes that I'd only put on for dinner seems silly.

How about the specialty restaurants?

Specialty restaurants have a lower dress code than MDR on evening Chic nights.

Edited by dkjretired

I have a slightly different reason to want to wear running shoes all day; bad feet. My foot doctor told me to either wear running shoes all day, every day, or expect to be back on his operating table. Done that once, don't want to do that again. (Actually, he tells nearly all his patients the same thing; funny, he wears cowboy boots.)

Standard dress shoes do hurt my feet the few times a year that I have worn them. So, for the next two upcoming cruises (next week and the middle of January) I will be wearing a new pair of solid black New Balance running shoes. I do not plan on wearing a suit anyway, so I doubt that few will notice.

I have a slightly different reason to want to wear running shoes all day; bad feet. My foot doctor told me to either wear running shoes all day, every day, or expect to be back on his operating table. Done that once, don't want to do that again. (Actually, he tells nearly all his patients the same thing; funny, he wears cowboy boots.)

Standard dress shoes do hurt my feet the few times a year that I have worn them. So, for the next two upcoming cruises (next week and the middle of January) I will be wearing a new pair of solid black New Balance running shoes. I do not plan on wearing a suit anyway, so I doubt that few will notice.

You don't need to explain or justify something that many have done for years....with or without bad feet.