Roatan Honduras

elsiemcclintock

Hello!

My new husband and I are new cruisers!

We are going on an NCL christmas cruise to the western caribbean this year.

I am most excited about Honduras as I've heard they have some of the best snorkeling in the world!

My question is where? Can we get off at the cruise port and find this snorkeling by walking? Or do we need to book an excursion? Or is there a beach close enough that we could find transportation to it?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I know NCL offers excursions but they are SOOO EXPENSIVE! We're hoping to find a cheaper deal.

Thanks!

We love Tabayana Beach. We took an excursion on our last Princess cruise and it was quite reasonable. The beach is a long way away from the pier and I'm not aware of any areas to snorkel by the pier. I've heard of some other places to snorkel that sound great but, yes, Roatan is just about the best snorkel spot I've found.

Do visit the link provided above and find the excursion that works best for you.

Hello!

My new husband and I are new cruisers!

We are going on an NCL christmas cruise to the western caribbean this year.

I am most excited about Honduras as I've heard they have some of the best snorkeling in the world!

My question is where? Can we get off at the cruise port and find this snorkeling by walking? Or do we need to book an excursion? Or is there a beach close enough that we could find transportation to it?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I know NCL offers excursions but they are SOOO EXPENSIVE! We're hoping to find a cheaper deal.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I haven't been to Roatan either but I'm going there next month and have done a bit of research about it. It doesn't look like you'll be able to walk to a beach. I personally would not feel safe doing it either. Definitely you will want to do an excursion that day. You don't have to do one with the cruise line though. We're going private and it is quite a bit cheaper. If you head over to the link that another poster provided to you, you'll be able to do a ton of reading about Roatan and all the things available to do there. You may also want to make a post there asking for options from others that have been. Hope to see you on that board (I'm there quite a bit myself). :)

While I'm not into snorkeling, I found Roatan to be one of the most beautiful tropical Islands I have ever seen.

When water is great and the views around the island are fantastic. A lush paradise is no exaggeration.

Enjoy!