Three Days and Counting!

Bailey Swedishfish

We are heading out of MSP Saturday afternoon to AMS and then on to BUD for our Viking Danube Waltz! I am beyond excited...I love Budapest and can't wait to get back there!

We were notified today that our ship has changed--I figured that would be the case as I've been watching the Viking site for notifications and with all the redeployed ships, our original ship, Baldur, is now on the Danube heading west on a Romantic Danube trip. I guessed we'd end up on the Gullvieg and sure enough, we got our email today saying that's our new ship. Fine by me, it's a year newer! (2014 launch) We already have a free upgraded room to a veranda suite, so it will be fun to see how the "other half" lives! :cool:

The only real precaution we are taking this time is to have our AT and T service activated for international use. DH and I tend to separate and head off in different directions and I felt it was important for our own security to be able to be in touch with each other. We usually have a meeting-point but it just seemed prudent to have cell and text service if necessary. Seemed like reasonably cheap insurance. I also sent him the link to the State Department where you can register your trip so the US Govt knows where you are. I think he was going to get that done today.

We end in Passau and then have a couple of luxurious days to hang out in Prague before we fly home on the 23. I'm so excited!!! I want work to fly by, but on the other hand...I have too much to do between now and then!

Put the Gluhwein on, we're coming!

The only real precaution we are taking this time is to have our AT and T service activated for international use. DH and I tend to separate and head off in different directions and I felt it was important for our own security to be able to be in touch with each other. We usually have a meeting-point but it just seemed prudent to have cell and text service if necessary. Seemed like reasonably cheap insurance. I also sent him the link to the State Department where you can register your trip so the US Govt knows where you are. I think he was going to get that done today.

We end in Passau and then have a couple of luxurious days to hang out in Prague before we fly home on the 23. I'm so excited!!! I want work to fly by, but on the other hand...I have too much to do between now and then!

Put the Gluhwein on, we're coming!

Very good idea. If you have the time in Passau, we went to an organ recital at St. Stephen's Church that was absolutely astounding!! If you like organ music, I could feel my bones vibrating and this time of year with the beautiful Christmas music, I can only imagine how special it should be. Plus the church itself is one of the prettiest I've seen.

Very good idea. If you have the time in Passau, we went to an organ recital at St. Stephen's Church that was absolutely astounding!! If you like organ music, I could feel my bones vibrating and this time of year with the beautiful Christmas music, I can only imagine how special it should be. Plus the church itself is one of the prettiest I've seen.

Sadly for Christmas Market cruisers, the organ concerts finish up for the season in October. But the church is still exquisite and of course there are the markets to enjoy!!!

Bailey Swedishfish, we just came back from the Romantic Danube cruise on the Tor and I'm still on Cloud Nine about it. Talk about wonderful and relaxing and memorable: Viking will deliver. Have fun!!!!!

Sadly for Christmas Market cruisers, the organ concerts finish up for the season in October. But the church is still exquisite and of course there are the markets to enjoy!!!

That is so surprising (and disappointing) you would think Christmas would be the best concert ever!!

Bailey Swedishfish, we just came back from the Romantic Danube cruise on the Tor and I'm still on Cloud Nine about it. Talk about wonderful and relaxing and memorable: Viking will deliver. Have fun!!!!!

Last year we were in Passau on December 17th and there was an organ concert. Is this something new that started in 2015?

Perhaps a slight misunderstanding has occured here. The lunchtime organ concerts were daily in 2015 from 2 May to 31 October except on Sundays and public holidays. On the excepted days the organ can be heard during Mass.

For wintertime the days are given individually on the parish website: http://www.bistum-passau.de/dom-st-stephan/dommusik/domkonzerte/mittagsorgelkonzerte

As in Summertime you can only buy a ticket on the day and you cannot reserve seats.

Enjoy!

notamermaid