New destinations

digitl

Well, I was waiting for the itineraries for MS Spitsbergen, and the ones between Greenland and Canada look interesting, but the prices are insane. If I had that kind of money, I'd rather do the NorthWest passage with Ponant (or go back to Antarctica, which is cheaper!).

Well, I was waiting for the itineraries for MS Spitsbergen, and the ones between Greenland and Canada look interesting, but the prices are insane.

I'm amending my earlier comments, because the new itineraries are also on the French website, and the prices are somewhat cheaper. For instance for "Canada to Greenland - Crossing Baffin Bay") it is "from 9128€" on the French website and "from £10961" on the UK website (about 15000€ :eek:). Maybe they don't include the same things (for instance the French price don't include airfare, but on the UK website it doesn't say what the price includes).

Still a fair bit of money though...

That's interesting. I wonder what they are doing with such different pricing on the two sites.

I wanted to include the Amazon in our trip to Antarctica next year but commitments just before, and Christmas so soon after, have prevented adding it on so I had a look at what Hurtigruten were offering on the new itineraries. I was disappointed. Minimal time on the Amazon, too many sea days, and hugely expensive.

I'm amending my earlier comments, because the new itineraries are also on the French website, and the prices are somewhat cheaper. For instance for "Canada to Greenland - Crossing Baffin Bay") it is "from 9128€" on the French website and "from £10961" on the UK website (about 15000€ :eek:). Maybe they don't include the same things (for instance the French price don't include airfare, but on the UK website it doesn't say what the price includes).

Still a fair bit of money though...

On the US website the price is "from $12,174"..about 11134€....and the site shows no availability for 7/2017...interesting!