Leave tonight: Vietnam & cambodia

harbourside

We would suggest something reasonably sturdy and supportive rather than sandals.

I can't speak for AMADara, but on Viking our shoes were washed and returned to us after each shore excursion, which was a service both appreciated by us as passengers and by the cleaning staff on-board as well :)

I wore ecco walking sandals. None of the paths were muddy when we were there. No rocks either. I changed into my "onboard sandals" as soon as we were back. The ecco sandals (already 10 years old) bit the dust in Siam Reap at the end of our trip. The sole came apart.

I want to thank all of you for your kind replies! I used to backpack and climb mountains, so it is a bit difficult to adjust to my "new normal." But we are committed to doing as much as we can for as long as we can.

And Faye - we've decided to join you - making reservations tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you!

From your descriptions and after conversing with the AMA Waterways sales person, I think we'll be OK on all or most of the excursions during the cruise. They will have me pegged right off as a slowpoke - I think they have symbols on the manifest for things like medical needs, PITA, and so on. I'll have the first two marked for sure!

Your descriptions of the temples have convinced us that we will be better off doing our own booking in Siem Reap. We'll probably stay 5 days and hire a driver and guide so we can do partial days and spread out the sightseeing with lots of down time to rest and soak up local atmosphere. From the brief research I've done, sounds like private services are extremely inexpensive compared with costs we'd see in many other locations, so even a "splurge" like this won't break the bank...

Thanks again, folks!

Hello

Did you book for Feb 2017?

Faye