No more last-minute cruise?!

guxu

Due to potential conflict, we did not book a Christmas cruise this year. Now the schedule is clear. I was trying to grab a last-minute cruise, 7 days, 12/20 week, from east coast.

Well, all Carnival ships are totally sold out, no inside, no outside, no suite, nothing!:eek: I guess Carnival is doing really well.

I agree about trying another line. Some of the more expensive lines really drop prices right before cruising. Holland America does this quite often from what I have seen. It still isn't cheap but their last minute prices aren't that much more than some I see on CCL and I am sure it is a fancier experience. I guess this depends on where your port of departure is, though.

Oooooh, I like the idea of trying a different cruise line. Seems like there are quite a few tempting options available at first glance. Maybe the cruise gods are trying to tell you something....[emoji6]

Due to potential conflict, we did not book a Christmas cruise this year. Now the schedule is clear. I was trying to grab a last-minute cruise, 7 days, 12/20 week, from east coast.

Well, all Carnival ships are totally sold out, no inside, no outside, no suite, nothing!:eek: I guess Carnival is doing really well.

Try Triumph out of Galveston on December 19th 5 night. Looks like you're in Alabama. That might work for you.

I saw several Holland America ships sailing from Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 19 & 20. Good prices. On one (I think the Westerdam), ocean-view cabins were showing up as cheaper than insides. On Holland, the other passengers are definitely older than on Carnival, but the food is great, and the ships are beautiful.

Good luck with your search. And your choice!

To 45014: you know we're not allowed to name travel agents, or travel sites, right? Sorry.

Just how does one find out about ALL last minute cruises? Is there a web site that we could check?

I would call Carnival and speak with a PVP. He/she might have an inventory available to them to look at. Who knows, might get lucky. Surly there are cancellations.

I saw several Holland America ships sailing from Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 19 & 20. Good prices. On one (I think the Westerdam), ocean-view cabins were showing up as cheaper than insides. On Holland, the other passengers are definitely older than on Carnival, but the food is great, and the ships are beautiful.

Good luck with your search. And your choice!

To 45014: you know we're not allowed to name travel agents, or travel sites, right? Sorry.

Holland has great kids programs too !! Also, during holiday sailings the average passenger age is somewhat younger

So try another line. Someone has something available.

Checked Princess. Got a list of red "This sail date is SOLD OUT" no matter I put 2 or 4 people in a cabin :mad:

Go to one of the online booking sites that has lots of lines listed and use that to check. Don't try the individual lines you'll go crazy. You also need to be aware that some of the OL TAs may have cabins reserved that show up as sold on the cruise line's sites but are actually open.

My cruise in January 2016 is already sold out. At times it comes open but with a high price. Glad I booked ES. I have noticed Carnival prices haven't really dropped lately.

I have booked with Royal Caribbean in May 2016 at a great low rate. It will be my first time on RC. Kind of excited to sail on a different cruise line ;)

Edited by PC Cruisin

Plenty of rooms on the Pride the week of Jan 3rd. Out of Baltimore.

Will try to look around. Cannot do next week since son will still be in school:(.

Keep them out of school...... :D

All kidding aside, even though I homeschool. This might be an option for the first week in January.

I cruise at oddtimes, because we avoid the "Scheduled Vacations" and the ships still have kids on them, not all homeschooled either. :cool:

Holland has great kids programs too !! Also, during holiday sailings the average passenger age is somewhat younger

When I sailed HAL over Christmas, they had Santa visit the ship for the kids. I also liked the fact that I could purchase Christmas greens for my cabin. It was a nice substitute for a Christmas tree and made the cabin smell like Christmas. :)

I see availability on Glory out of Miami on December 19th. $704 inside and $949 balcony (plus port/tax).