Allure - Rome to Rome Compass

scungileen

Hey fellow sailors, I have looked over this forum and I can't find a compass for the Allure from Rome to Rome. I am going on the Harmony of the Seas in July and the compasses for the same itineraries are usually very similar and I need a compass so I can figure out how to pre-book my shows and dinners. If anyone has their old compasses from their cruise on the Allure Rome to Rome, please post it her for me. Thanks in advance.

Hey fellow sailors, I have looked over this forum and I can't find a compass for the Allure from Rome to Rome. I am going on the Harmony of the Seas in July and the compasses for the same itineraries are usually very similar and I need a compass so I can figure out how to pre-book my shows and dinners. If anyone has their old compasses from their cruise on the Allure Rome to Rome, please post it her for me. Thanks in advance.

Try this thread. Harmony will do a circle picking up/discharging passengers in both Rome and Barcelona so all you need to do is start with the Rome compass, work down to Barcelona and then start at the top again.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2252149

You can also look at the ones I got (Boarding in Rome and continuing to the TA). I had a different CD from the other thread so you may see a bit of difference.

https://getawaysfrom21044.wordpress.com/programs/allurecompass/

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Added my compasses

Thank you so much for that information. I did not realize that the Allure and Harnony are going to operate like MSC cruises operates. On MSC you can get on or off at any given port. I understand that you are saying the Allure and Harmony make that only possible in the ports of Barcelona and Rome. You seem to be very knowledgeable. Can I ask you if you had a set dining time. I booked too late to have a first or second seating. I am very confused about the Dynamic dining. From what I can see there are a few restaurants that are free of charge and it seems I can book my group in those restaurants for any given time. Can you shed any light on the restaurants or the process. I would really appreciate that. Thank you again for yoru help.

Thank you so much for that information. I did not realize that the Allure and Harnony are going to operate like MSC cruises operates. On MSC you can get on or off at any given port. I understand that you are saying the Allure and Harmony make that only possible in the ports of Barcelona and Rome. You seem to be very knowledgeable. Can I ask you if you had a set dining time. I booked too late to have a first or second seating. I am very confused about the Dynamic dining. From what I can see there are a few restaurants that are free of charge and it seems I can book my group in those restaurants for any given time. Can you shed any light on the restaurants or the process. I would really appreciate that. Thank you again for yoru help.

Harmony does not have Dynamic Dining. If you did not get traditional (fixed) dining, then you must have My Time Dining. There's only one "free" dining room, with 3 decks, that serves both traditional and My Time. They may call the decks by different names, and the decks may have different decor, but they serve the same food from the same menu that changes each night.

With My Time, you can make reservations, show up whenever you want, or any combination.

I'm far from an expert on this, but I'll try to share what I know. Not sure of this but I've heard that Italy requires that ships which call on Italy also use it as a port of embarkation/disembarkation. My understanding is that on the Oasis Class cruises about 80% of the passengers change in Barcelona and 20% in Rome.

I had a long, winding history of dining assignments. Royal originally planned to implement Dynamic Dining on the Oasis Class ships but changed their minds. I was technically on a B2B with one leg Rome-Barcelona and then the Transatlantic. When I booked (15 months in advance) I was told that fixed dining was not available and was placed in My Time Dining for both cruises. A few months later Royal announced that the dining rooms would be converted to Dynamic Dining during the May drydock. A few months later Dynamic dining was cancelled for Allure and I was back in My Time.

A few months before the cruise my TA got me confirmed for early dining on the transatlantic but was still assigned to My Time for Rome-Barcelona.

On Allure the 3 dining room levels were given different names but as Bob says they all served the same menu with My Time on decks 3 and 4 and fixed dining on deck 5. I used 2 of the 3 nights on the short cruise to try the specialty restaurants so I only used My Time once. I reserved a time for that night on line before leaving home and it worked fine.

Do you have a specific date in mind? I would suggest going to the roll call(s) for your cruise and asking people there what their experience has been so you can get an idea of how dining assignments are going. You may also find that the roll call for your cruise is sparsely populated but don't hesitate to post to the roll calls that leave Barcelona 4 days before your cruise starts and the one that starts when you are in Barcelona. I posted to the roll call of the cruise that I joined in Rome and shared a tour in Naples with people who boarded in Barcelona; don't hesitate to post to any roll call that includes the dates you will be on the ship.

If you are in My Time dining, have your TA check periodically to ask that you be moved to the fixed dining time of your choice.

Roy