Two choices to return a car in miami..help!

shadowlover

We are renting a car for two days PRIOR to our cruise out of miami. We can return either down town miami or at the airport. I have never been to Miami so I am not sure what decision to make. If we return downtown enterprise tells me to schedule an UBER or take a taxi as they don't shuttle, even though it looks to be about a mile away. The airport has a free shuttle with Alamo however I'm not sure how long that whole process will take. Any advice would be so welcome! We are sailing the Reflection on Saturday Jan 2.

We are renting a car for two days PRIOR to our cruise out of miami. We can return either down town miami or at the airport. I have never been to Miami so I am not sure what decision to make. If we return downtown enterprise tells me to schedule an UBER or take a taxi as they don't shuttle, even though it looks to be about a mile away. The airport has a free shuttle with Alamo however I'm not sure how long that whole process will take. Any advice would be so welcome! We are sailing the Reflection on Saturday Jan 2.

I would return downtown and take Uber. It's so close, you don't have to worry about traffic and the Uber will run you a couple of dollars. There has been so much traffic lately on the 836 around the airport that it's a nightmare no matter what time of day.

Edited by cjskids

Your choices are driving in downtown Miami traffic (bad :() and paying $5-10+ for Uber/taxi to POM, or driving to the airport (construction traffic :() and waiting for the "free" 15 minute shuttle ride to POM.

I would choose the airport option, but it is your call. Good luck! :)

oh dear...two different opinions. If traffic is bad either way then why choose the airport which is further away? I'm a little confused about that unless you mean I can totally avoid driving downtown doing it that way? It will be a Saturday morning, does that make a difference in downtown Miami?

Thanks everyone!

oh dear...two different opinions. If traffic is bad either way then why choose the airport which is further away? I'm a little confused about that unless you mean I can totally avoid driving downtown doing it that way? It will be a Saturday morning, does that make a difference in downtown Miami?

Thanks everyone!

Where you return the car is only a few short blocks off of I95 and very easy to get to. Traffic on a Saturday morning in downtown will be light and should not an issue at all. I'm looking at the traffic on Brickell Ave towards downtown right now and there is none!

Where are you coming in from?

We fly into FLL and stay there the night before. Will drive in that morning, return the car and go to the port. Now wondering if my hubby can drop us off and then return the car?? So many decisions... So excited!

If you don't want to split up, you can always quickly check your luggage in and then drive back to the port. It's such a short distance.

If you do not want to split up drop the car (National/Alamo/Thrifty) at MIA and then everyone can ride the free shuttle to POM.

If you do not mind splitting up, drop pax and bags and then return the car downtown - quick 5-10 minute cab ride back to the port.

Compare rates for each location and then make your decision.