Oosterdam inside J-1043 of J-1049 ?

ol3

which one should I take?

I see the white spaces between J-1043

called HAL and they see it's nothing special...

maybe there is a space for the cabin stewards they use for cleaning?

somebody to hear nice tips?

regards, Audrey

Either one is fine. Personally, I would prefer 1049, as it is a tad closer to mid-ship---and a tad further away from the Queen's Lounge overhead, but all the cabins along there are comfortable. I've been in many of them.

Starboard did not get noise from the Queen's Lounge; port side at 1054 was the worst cabin for that.

I was in 1049 on the Nieuw Amsterdam (don't know if it is positioned in exactly the same place as on the Oosterdam) recently, where I had the "white space" on each side. It was great since there was nothing to create any noise on either side.

You will love the size of these cabins. Book, go, and enjoy.

We have stayed in 1068 on the NA and did get the BB Kings music but it wasn't too bad (for the sheer space of the room we were ok with the nightly music). I would think as RuthC said, the other side is likely quieter.

The white spaces are for the stewards to access the central corridors. No noise from them.

My understanding is the room layouts on the NA and Oosterdam are similar. We are stayng in 1068 next week on the Oosterdam next week and will know for sure then.

Edited by CGYCruisingFamily

My understanding is the room layouts on the NA and Oosterdam are similar.

They are, at least as far as the J-cabins on Main Deck are concerned.

I've been in many of the cabins along that passageway on every Vista and Signature class ship. Other than décor, whether it's a quad or double, connecting or not (which includes orientation of the bed), and side of the room the bathroom is on, they are identical.

• 2 weeks later...

So we just (and I really mean just - we were left the ship 12 hours ago) got home from our Oosterdam cruise. The room was exactly the same size and layout as the NA. We actually found it quieter (BB Kings noise) than the NA last summer except for a couple nights where the dancing was quite loud. Square footage wise, these are the best deal on the ship... (IMHO).

Edited by CGYCruisingFamily

• 6 months later...

thx CGYCruisingFamily!

the Oosterdam has a new deck plan and it show on the Lower Prom, deck that Northern Light is gone and new is Bilboard Onbard. I'm curious about the 'noise'

but I'm not really worried, because we won't sleep early, we like to go to the music and shows

Edited by ol3