Legend of the Seas My Cruise My Views !!!!!

Loved your in depth review, Shiona. I feared as much, so won't be tempted by Legend, even though "home ported" in Brisbane. Like you, the inaugural cruise on Rhapsody remains my benchmark for a fabulous fun cruise. I wished I'd cruised on Radiance around the same time.

I wasn't impressed by the Explorer this week, when I cruised past on a ferry, so didn't even bother to go to the viewing deck at OPT, to check it out - a first for me.

Edited by MMDown Under

Hi Marion just saw your reply:).... we were very very spoiled back in 2007 on Rhapsody's first cruise to Australia back in the days when Royal Caribbean as newbies in the market here cared more about their product and how they were portrayed ....but like everything in life things change.... unfortunately not always for the better in some cases........

Lets face it people hate reading negatives .... if you don't post a totally wahhhhoooooo fantastic experience your views on here, speaking overall people not just mine, are portrayed as being unrealistic and not positive enough as well as being branded complainers and moaners and this gem "cruisers being so jaded they no longer enjoy the experience " .... wow that is tacky ......water off a ducks back to me but is it any wonder others are reluctant to post their views ....

so with all that in mind and tongue in cheek here is my newly revised

"my cruise - my views"........... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIP - yes it was one.

FACILITIES - yes they had those.

CABIN - yes we had one.

FOOD - yes we ate some.

ENTERTAINMENT - yes we saw some.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: yes we got one :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas everyone..........:D:D:D

Hi Marion just saw your reply:).... we were very very spoiled back in 2007 on Rhapsody's first cruise to Australia back in the days when Royal Caribbean as newbies in the market here cared more about their product and how they were portrayed ....but like everything in life things change.... unfortunately not always for the better in some cases........

Lets face it people hate reading negatives .... if you don't post a totally wahhhhoooooo fantastic experience your views on here, speaking overall people not just mine, are portrayed as being unrealistic and not positive enough as well as being branded complainers and moaners and this gem "cruisers being so jaded they no longer enjoy the experience " .... wow that is tacky ......water off a ducks back to me but is it any wonder others are reluctant to post their views ....

so with all that in mind and tongue in cheek here is my newly revised

"my cruise - my views"........... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIP - yes it was one.

FACILITIES - yes they had those.

CABIN - yes we had one.

FOOD - yes we ate some.

ENTERTAINMENT - yes we saw some.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: yes we got one :rolleyes:

Bahahahaha!!:p

Reason I have not posted a review on cruises.......my fear of being branded a jaded cruiser if it was not positive!

I like your revised review, but next time could you use paragraphs, I had trouble reading it haha!

and a Merry Xmas to you too Shiona and John

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Bahahahaha!!

Reason I have not posted a review on cruises.......my fear of being branded a jaded cruiser if it was not positive!

I like your revised review, but next time could you use paragraphs, I had trouble reading it haha!

and a Merry Xmas to you too Shiona and John

Chez

laughing-graphics-and-animated-gifs-148220.gif

I have been branded many things in my life but nothing closely related to being "jaded" ......:eek::D and "paragraphs" alas they ain't ever going to happen Chez rebel child here.......lololol..........:p

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Safe Cruising for 2016.....look forward to one day meeting up....glass of bubbly in the hot tub my shout :D

PS: will i review again...........hell yes :cool:

NEARLY FORGOT.....HOPING FOR SOME FAVOURABLE REVIEWS NOW SHE HAS COMPLETED HER 1ST AUSTRALIAN 10 NIGHT CRUISE..

Edited by badgerbill
ADDITION

Hi Marion just saw your reply:).... we were very very spoiled back in 2007 on Rhapsody's first cruise to Australia back in the days when Royal Caribbean as newbies in the market here cared more about their product and how they were portrayed ....but like everything in life things change.... unfortunately not always for the better.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you. Shiona. May your cruises in 2016 be on ships, with money well spent on maintenance and staffing, rather than money making extras.

Hey Immy I read your blog and thoroughly enjoyed it... great photos :) ..... she certainly wasn't the best and I too am loathed to recommend her ...fingers crossed we soon see/hear continual positive reviews/comments come back now she has started her Australian season.......she is definitely more suited to shorter cruises with lots of ports and few sea days ;);) .......... a little sad to think some cruisers onboard from Hong Kong will judge RCL by the standard of this cruise.....

Fun, laughter and crazy times with wonderful friends old and new made this experience for us....the rest in time will pale in significance .....

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i would update this thread with a short report on the 10 day Christmas cruise.

Firstly i saw a lot of scathing reviews on the 2 day sampler

I have some sympathy with those , Brisbane port embark and disembark are awful for the number of passengers that travel through

When you do a short cruise and are delayed then takes a big chunk of your cruise not so bad for us on a longer cruise

The cruise was great even if the ship is dated, some staff shortages on bars and some cold MDR food but other than that no complaints

Staff were great, queen show and centrum trapeze were brilliant and pool and conservatory areas excellent

I certainly don't think anyone booked should worry

I wont do a long review but happy to answer any specifics

Ps

When we were on the cruise on deck 6 cafe we did say to each other that unless you love coffee i would hate to be in the cabin next to it so understand the poster above

Edited by iando

Thought i would update this thread with a short report on the 10 day Christmas cruise.

I certainly don't think anyone booked should worry

I wont do a long review but happy to answer any specifics

Ps

When we were on the cruise on deck 6 cafe we did say to each other that unless you love coffee i would hate to be in the cabin next to it so understand the poster above

Good to hear you enjoyed your cruise would hope by now a lot of problems resolved... :D:D..... seeing as this was "my cruise my views" why don't you start a new thread as an "update of the legend of the seas" that way people could direct their questions direct....... some may miss this and i am sure there will be lots of questions ;):D:D

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the 13/3/2016 from Brisbane Cruise, As we have cruised with many companies. When it comes to Australian Cruising, we get the feeling that because we are laid back in nature, that they will not go that extra mile like on the European and Baltic cruises. However saying that I am going to hold my reservations and test the waters ourselves. I have found that the Princess Cruises were disappointing in Australian and Asian waters. It will remain to see how RBL go. We have been using RBL for a long time and do prefer them. It will be interesting to see if they have the service we have experienced abroad in Australian waters.

It's like I'm reading about a different cruise line (re comments about pushing sales, restaurants, etc). We're on Explorer at the moment and having a great time. Yeah, there has been a couple of queues (mainly due to poor weather meaning more people inside rather than out on deck), but nothing that's ruined our holiday. It's not like there isn't plenty of places to go on the ship. The food has been great. The only thing we haven't really enjoyed was our meal in Chops Grille, which is unusual because it's normally great. All the complimentary food has been great. Maybe it's us? We don't sweat the small stuff when we're cruising. Maybe we enjoy different things? [emoji848]

We are booked on the 13/3/2016 from Brisbane Cruise, As we have cruised with many companies. When it comes to Australian Cruising, we get the feeling that because we are laid back in nature, that they will not go that extra mile like on the European and Baltic cruises. However saying that I am going to hold my reservations and test the waters ourselves. I have found that the Princess Cruises were disappointing in Australian and Asian waters. It will remain to see how RBL go. We have been using RBL for a long time and do prefer them. It will be interesting to see if they have the service we have experienced abroad in Australian waters.

What's RBL?

It's like I'm reading about a different cruise line (re comments about pushing sales, restaurants, etc). We're on Explorer at the moment and having a great time. Yeah, there has been a couple of queues (mainly due to poor weather meaning more people inside rather than out on deck), but nothing that's ruined our holiday. It's not like there isn't plenty of places to go on the ship. The food has been great. The only thing we haven't really enjoyed was our meal in Chops Grille, which is unusual because it's normally great. All the complimentary food has been great. Maybe it's us? We don't sweat the small stuff when we're cruising. Maybe we enjoy different things? [emoji848]

Food is not complimentary, as it has been well and truly paid for, as part of the cruise fare.

Part of the problem, as I see it, is that cruiselines sell a dream, on which they can no longer deliver. The marketing doesn't match the reality, hence people's disappointment.

I long ago learnt not to attend events, like "talks", which were just held to sell services to passengers.

Like you, I enjoy myself whatever I do, but I am not fooled by some of the recent enhancements by some cruiselines.

Food is not complimentary, as it has been well and truly paid for, as part of the cruise fare.

Part of the problem, as I see it, is that cruiselines sell a dream, on which they can no longer deliver. The marketing doesn't match the reality, hence people's disappointment.

I long ago learnt not to attend events, like "talks", which were just held to sell services to passengers.

Like you, I enjoy myself whatever I do, but I am not fooled by some of the recent enhancements by some cruiselines.

Marion, as a seasoned traveller, like yourself, we have learnt that you get what you pay for. We have never had a bad day at sea, We can choose what we want. You will always get the groaners, expecting the dream like you say

that is advertised. We know that shipboard life can be exciting, relaxing, or on a bad day a sea with rough weather - horrible. Just choose your cabin carefully, do the research. It is sites like Cruise Critic that is invaluable to first time cruisers. Mid ship balcony is the way we go. Looking forward to our South Pacific Journey hopefully on calm waters.

Many thanks Shiona for your honest review. Sorry you had such a lousy experience, but it was interesting to compare what we are accustomed to.

Hi Anna

All good.....great friends and memorable times made the cruise for us...:D we have decided though no more "milk run" Asia repo's for us unless they are a world cruise sector.......having done 5 runs now 2 as sectors and 3 regular..... sector cruising is by far the better product.....;):D

• 1 month later...
Thank you for your comprehensive review.

Sorry I wanted to truncate the post, so apologies for cutting extra bits out that should have stayed.

The comment I wanted to make is:

Once again Brisbane is the poor relation. It seems the only "real" ship sailing out of Brisbane is supplied by Princess. It is obvious that the Brisbane cruise market is expanding, but it appears we only get thrown the bones with no meat.

I am starting to wonder if cruise lines have a share in the airlines that fly to Sydney and, to a lesser degree, Melbourne.

Last week we flew back from Sydney having cruised on Celebrity Solstice, we have booked a cruise in 6 weeks on Pacific Dawn out of Brisbane. We know it is going to very different to Sea Princess and Solstice, just going with a positive outlook :) We were hoping that Legend would be a great addition, maybe it will improve?

Thanks again for the extensive review.

we just got off the dawn princess,having sailed on the sea princess before,you wont find any difference between sea and dawn,both brilliant,will be sad to watch dawn go to p&o 2017 and watch them destroy a grand old lady.Sorry we are absolute princess fans,not always perfect but we have never witnessed or experienced any problems that we read about here.