Royal Diamon tries MSC Yacht Club on MSC Preziosa and loved it

Iluvcruising2

For the flight from Genoa to London Gatwick, I made the following videos. Here is Part 1 covering boarding, taxi and takeoff - [YOUTUBE]ItcxxHrJqgw[/YOUTUBE]

Here is Part 2 (sandwich service and landing) - [YOUTUBE]lf0Ecgak_hE[/YOUTUBE]

Overall, the flight was smooth and uneventful, which is always a good thing when it comes to air travel. Here is the obligatory leg-room shot.

ngvzlv.jpg

The aircraft operated was a relatively small Airbus A319.

vpu7gh.jpg

The plane had left the gate and was now taxi-ing to the runway. No congestion and we could take off immediately.

ou8thk.jpg

Take off was smooth and we were on our way. Then my kid told to look up at the ceiling of the plane (as I was trying to look out the window). I wondered what my kid was up to and I soon realized why he asked me to look up. Check this out.

21edtm0.jpg

What do you see? "Papa, why is there masking tape on the plane?" Frankly, I didn't know the answer and told him to ignore it, since the plane was already flying and the pilot knows what to do. So we left it as that.

aubnt4.jpg

Wonderful review! Forgive me, moderators, but I need to congratulate the OP for his wonderful music choice, especially his fabulous debarkation music! OP: Is it posibel for you to share with us what is and whom sings this wonderful music?... And... Well... If it is not too much can I give you a suggestion? Is it possible for you to give us a summary video of all your wonderful YC experience as a bonus video with just the full version of this wonderful song? Many thanks for your wonderful job!... :)

Edited by Nunagoras

Wonderful review! Forgive me, moderators, but I need to congratulate the OP for his wonderful music choice, especially his fabulous debarkation music! OP: Is it posibel for you to share with us what is and whom sings this wonderful music?... And... Well... If it is not too much can I give you a suggestion? Is it possible for you to give us a summary video of all your wonderful YC experience as a bonus video with just the full version of this wonderful song? Many thanks for your wonderful job!... :)

Thanks for your compliment. Your idea is very interesting. Is what you are thinking similar to this video I made on a summary of flights I took in 2015?

[YOUTUBE]H3DSCApeAI4[/YOUTUBE]

As we walked along La Rambla, we spotted this market, which looked very interesting from the outside. Not know what this place was all about, we decided to walk in to take a look.

Within the market, there were a good number of such eateries where people sat at the bar counter and had fresh seafood with wine. The smells were really good!

10hp2dk.jpg

As we continued our walk along La Rambla, spotted these apartments.

We stopped at some gift shops to buy a couple of magnets (Kids wanted).

I hope you made a taste of "pata negra" if not you lost best part of this market.. :)

Thanks for your compliment. Your idea is very interesting. Is what you are thinking similar to this video I made on a summary of flights I took in 2015?

[YOUTUBE]H3DSCApeAI4[/YOUTUBE]

Exactly! That is the idea, but for the cruise with the debarkation song that could be a wonderful song to describe the YC!

Oh! And another wonderful song on the plane video! Thank you!... :)

Edited by Nunagoras

I hope you made a taste of "pata negra" if not you lost best part of this market.. :)

...From someone who lived there for 2 years... Exactly! No more no less!!!... :)

Edited by Nunagoras

Exactly! That is the idea, but for the cruise with the debarkation song that could be a wonderful song to describe the YC!

Oh! And another wonderful song on the plane video! Thank you!... :)

Thanks for the idea. It is a good idea and I hope to find the time to be able to do what you suggest. Cheers!

...We have all the time in the world in the next months to come!... :) Cruising is great as is great to remember our great cruising memories!... :) Cheers!... :)

Been busy with work, but I found time to make a summary video, but not of this cruise but of food from my country! Singapore.

[YOUTUBE]vgFS4TPwIC0[/YOUTUBE]

Back to the holiday, flight review.

I had more important work to do than wonder about masking tape. I had to fill up landing cards for our arrival. Let's get this sorted out first so that I can rest for the rest of the flight.

11uxj69.jpg

A short while later, cabin crew came around with drinks service plus a sandwich. I asked for a Tiger Beer as well as a coffee. Very nice.

afhpqp.jpg

The inflight magazine proved to be an interesting read on this flight. This article was about Baron Haussmann, credited with inventing modern Paris. Apparently, he died a hated man! Reading the article, I think Haussmann was just ahead of this time. He had a beautiful vision for Paris, that wasn't shared at that time by his contemporaries.

2e49sae.jpg

On another page, the magazine profiled this British Asian model, wearing expensive pieces of clothes.

10zwnjd.jpg

I made a short video of this feature in the British Airways High Life inflight magazine.

[YOUTUBE]cos0oWd7hJg[/YOUTUBE]

We flew into London Gatwick and quickly made our way from the North Terminal to the South Terminal in order to catch the easyBus, which we had booked in advance. We had to take these driverless train, which was cool.

[YOUTUBE]1x7cJ-TCmeM[/YOUTUBE]

We didn't know our way very well, so we had to look for the way to the bus terminal. Thankfully, it wasn't too difficult to find, and we got there in good time for our bus. I think the easyBus is the cheapest way to get into central London from Gatwick, however, be prepared for a rather long ride that might not be the most comfortable. The next time, we would rather pay more and take the Gatwick Express. Here we were, waiting for the bus.

[YOUTUBE]UJK1cChdt18[/YOUTUBE]

We would stay at the Premier Inn, Waterloo, for a few nights before heading back to Singapore. The easyBus brought us to near Waterloo station, and from the bus-stop, it was probably a 200M to 300M walk to the hotel. Premier Inn is our favourite hotel to stay in London because it has Family Rooms with 4 beds and the price is reasonable, given that we are staying in central london. By now, we are very familiar with the Premier Inn product, though this is our first time in this particular Premier Inn. Here is a video I made of the Premier Inn Waterloo room. We managed to get a room right on the top floor of the hotel!

[YOUTUBE]HheNQ7-vXNE[/YOUTUBE]

The restaurant at this Premier Inn was located inn the basement. The cost was 10.5GBP per adult. Up to 2 kids eat free with 1 paying adult. We had breakfast almost every day we stayed there, since our kids would eat free. This video shows you the food available for breakfast - a decent spread.

[YOUTUBE]mVBASH68W4I[/YOUTUBE]

After we settled into our room, it was time to grab some dinner. Now that we were back in London, good Chinese food beckoned and the place to go would be London Chinatown! So we took the Tube from Waterloo station to Piccadilly Circus. Some snippets from the Tube journey.

[YOUTUBE]caq3S_u7brU[/YOUTUBE]

We were familiar with the Tube lines, so navigating the Tube system was not a problem. From Piccadilly Circus, we walked to London Chinatown. Explored the place a bit, wondering which restaurant to dine at, and we finally decided on Young Cheng. This was the branch at Lisle Street. The other branch at Shaftebury Avenue had closed, unfortunately. We had lobster noodles! Delicious.

[YOUTUBE]fc6iv_1ZxYo[/YOUTUBE]

After we settled into our room, it was time to grab some dinner. Now that we were back in London, good Chinese food beckoned and the place to go would be London Chinatown! So we took the Tube from Waterloo station to Piccadilly Circus. Some snippets from the Tube journey.

[YOUTUBE]caq3S_u7brU[/YOUTUBE]

We were familiar with the Tube lines, so navigating the Tube system was not a problem. From Piccadilly Circus, we walked to London Chinatown. Explored the place a bit, wondering which restaurant to dine at, and we finally decided on Young Cheng. This was the branch at Lisle Street. The other branch at Shaftebury Avenue had closed, unfortunately. We had lobster noodles! Delicious.

[YOUTUBE]fc6iv_1ZxYo[/YOUTUBE]

WOW, you have given up a lot of your time to show everyone your experience, can you tell us what options you had in your cabin bar, as far as brands & selections & the same for the bar outside. Were used to premium brands & make a difference if we would choose this option.

WOW, you have given up a lot of your time to show everyone your experience, can you tell us what options you had in your cabin bar, as far as brands & selections & the same for the bar outside. Were used to premium brands & make a difference if we would choose this option.

Hello, thanks for your compliment. Are you asking what options there are in the mini-bar in the cabin? Please see this video. I don't think these are premium brands though.

[YOUTUBE]045HJuq15Z4[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...

I have spent a few hours reading your great review and today we booked the Yacht Club on and the Seaside when it comes to Miami in 2018. We cannot wait to experience this wonderful class of cabins.

We have many cruises to enjoy before that and we will be in your wonderful city of Singapore on Dec 11th 2016 when we get off 42 day cruise on NCL Star. Rome to Singapore

We have been to Singapore a few times and stayed for about 10 days in total but this time we will head direct to the airport to get back to Toronto in time for Christmas.

Again thanks for the great review.

When you are in Barcelona when you walked down Las Rambles to Columbus's statute there is a Port bus that you can catch to take you back to the ship for E3 return per person or E2 one way p.p.. It is the blue bus and very easy to use and lots of people use this bus as it only goes to the port and back to the city. Just for future info. Sue

When you are in Barcelona when you walked down Las Rambles to Columbus's statute there is a Port bus that you can catch to take you back to the ship for E3 return per person or E2 one way p.p.. It is the blue bus and very easy to use and lots of people use this bus as it only goes to the port and back to the city. Just for future info. Sue

Glad that the review was useful for you.

Thanks for the tip on the Blue bus in Barcelona. Useful information!