Kona Brewing Co from Kailua Pier

wendycook22

I was wondering what the best way is to get from the pier to the Kona Brewing Company?

Is it walkable? I was looking at it on a map and it seems like you would have to walk a highway to get there?

Has anyone done this before?

If it isn't walkable how much is a taxi?

Thanks in advance!

It is a short walk from the pier. The highway you have to cross is just a big road basically. There are crosswalks and traffic lights. It should just take you about10 minutes from the pier.

OK Great! Thanks :)

I wasn't certain what kind of Highway we were looking at crossing.

Greatly appreciate it.

It's a 10-15 minute walk, providing you can handle a set of stone steps with no railing up a 10 foot (approx.) bank (see picture below). The 'highway' is no problem - just a 2 lane, low speed limit road with a stoplight and crosswalk at the corner. If you can't handle the stairs, then you'd have to walk around several more blocks - probably 20 minutes total. You cannot access the pub from the parking lot of the small strip-mall just before you get to the stairs - it's fenced off due to too many people parking there for the pub.

Kona%20BrewPub%20Stairs_zps4px5cbqg.jpg

By the way, that's the 'highway' in the foreground of the photo! The pub is behind those trees you see - even though it's in an industrial area with no view, they've done a very nice job of making the setting very nice and tropical feeling.

Edited by Kartgv

By the way, that's the 'highway' in the foreground of the photo! The pub is behind those trees you see - even though it's in an industrial area with no view, they've done a very nice job of making the setting very nice and tropical feeling.

Great thank you! We don't have any mobility issues, so those rocks won't be too challenging.

I greatly appreciate the time everyone took to reply. I will add this to our time in Kona. I believe we are going to snorkel in the morning and then hit up the brewery in the afternoon for lunch and beer tasting.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe we are going to snorkel in the morning and then hit up the brewery in the afternoon for lunch and beer tasting.

This is exactly what we did in 2013. I will never eat another "Hawaiian" pizza anywhere else. Food is great, beers are great, walk is easy. Enjoy!