Recommendations needed for car service from Ft lauderdale hotel to Port of Miami

stipmom

There are tons of threads that outline the options, however my question is...who gave you that information? It doesn't make sense. FLL baggage claim area is an absolute circus most days. Just like any airport, there are people coming and going, relatives meeting family members for pickup, chauffeurs entering to get passengers etc. etc. etc. I've never ever seen a US airport that had restricted entrance into the baggage claim area.

I would go ahead and proceed with your plans. You should be just fine.

Lots of shared shuttles for about $15 per person and they can pick you up at your hotel - SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, etc. Check their web sites for a list of hotels they pick up at and avoid the trip back to FLL.

If you want private car service check with both Larry's Limos and Go Airport.

• 3 weeks later...
Was planning to go back to airport and take Celebrity transportation but was just told that Fll would not allow me in baggage claim area to get their transportation

Just used FLL at both ends of our cruise on Reflection out of Miami. Can't see any reason why you couldn't go back to the baggage claim area..this is not a secure area, plenty of people (including cruise reps and car service drivers) meeting people at baggage claim.

We used Carey limo for both ends of our trip (FLL to Hotel, Hotel to POM, POM to FLL). Carey is a national chain, and thus is more expensive than the locals, but I've been burned by smaller car service companies before and so decided to use Carey and pay the extra $ for peace of mind.