Enchantment review Dec 11-14, 2015

Roamer321

Day 1:

Got to the Park Port Canaveral lot about 10:45a. Smooth process. $6.95/day. Got to the port about 11:30a. No waiting at all breezed through checkin, security, photos, and boarding. They actually put me in the Gold line but there was hardly anybody in any of the lines.

Went and took a look at the Windjammer and it was packed. So we went to the Park Cafe and it was empty. We had some quesadillas and sandwiches. Went to the MDR and talked to the Maitre D. Confirmed our 5:45p MTD and told her to make that for all three nights. She said you can only make the first one online when I told her that I thought that was a website bug.

Looked around the ship. Very nice. Had a couple Drinks at the Schooner. The bar tenders here were very friendly and nice. Calville and Ida. We went to the room and no bags yet. Muster was long and hot. Met some nice people. As we would come to find out later there are a lot of people from Central Florida on this cruise. On our way back to our room we found our bags in the elevator lobby.

Had a drink in Schooners before dinner. We have the Preferred Drink package. I was drinking Heinekens and my wife had a really nice Sauvignon Blanc by Kim Crawford. The wine was a perfect selection by Calville when I told him what style she liked.We got seated as soon as we got to the MDR at 5:30p instead of our 5:45p reservation. All the food and the service was excellent. Tonight was Mojo. I had the fish spread and my wife had the Eggplant Tart appetizers. For the main course I had the Salmon and my wife had a very rare piece of Prime Rib. My wife said it was one of the best pieces of prime rib she has ever had. And she knows her prime rib. She always orders rare and always gets medium rare. This was the rarest piece she has ever been served. I had told our travel agent who booked us that it was my wife's birthday this month hoping for a robe or some other onboard perk but to my wife's embarrassment they brought her a piece of carrot cake with a candle in it and sang her happy birthday instead.

Went back to the room and met our cabin steward. He turned out to be not so good. Part of it was our fault and partly his. Our schedule was earlier than just about everyone else on the ship. So our schedule often interfered with his cleaning schedule. On two occasions we told him not to bother and just give us a couple towels. So in the end he only cleaned the room once and that was on our last day and that was the only time we got a towel animal.:(

Went to the Windjammer and filled our Coke cups with sparkling water. This was a pleasant surprise because I like to drink sparkling mineral water. Our package does not include sparkling water only still. And we do not drink soda so we thought the Coke Freestyle cups we got would be a waste. That was until I found the machine dispensed sparkling Desani water. Cool. That was my non-alcoholic drink of chose for the duration.

We were tired so we turned in early. Just like now I am tired and about to turn in so I with post more in the morning. I do not have to go back to work till Wednesday.

Day2

Ship was rocking and lots of noise last night. I think it was the stabilizers. I went up to the Park Cafe to get coffee at 6:15 but it was closed and no coffee at the beverage station. Went over to the WJ and got coffee and a danish. They have a place outside of the main WJ where there is coffee, juice, water, and assorted pastries for us early birds. I was told both would be open at 6a but that was wrong. Tip: Don't always count on the crew members to know the hours of operation. We brought our travel coffee mugs thanks for the tip.

It was very windy and a little chilly.

We decided against the MDR for breakfast. Stopped by the Park Cafe to see what they had. Breakfast sandwiches, Danish, grits, oatmeal, fruit, and yogert. Nothing interested us so we went over to the WJ. Right when you walk in the have Bloody Marys and Mimosa available. We passed. We had Eggs Benedict but they did not have Canadian Bacon. Oh well still tasty.

We were going to take a walk on the walking track above the pool deck but it was too windy (30mph). So we walked around Deck 6 and window shopped as all the stores were still closed. Priced out a cruise for next year in the Next Cruise office. Very disappointed with the prices. Even with the BOGOHO and $100 onboard credit they priced us a lot more than our current trip price. No thanks.

Will post more later.

... We decided against the MDR for breakfast. Stopped by the Park Cafe to see what they had. Breakfast sandwiches, Danish, grits, oatmeal, fruit, and yogert. Nothing interested us so we went over to the WJ. Right when you walk in the have Bloody Marys and Mimosa available. We passed. We had Eggs Benedict but they did not have Canadian Bacon. Oh well still tasty. ....

Interesting, very nice to have Eggs Benedict in WJ. Have not seen that.:)

Day 2 cont.:

Sorry for the slow dribble of my story. I am back to work now.

Sat on Deck 6 in the Centrum and read our books. A nice area when it is quiet like this. Moved over to our favorite place the Schooner. My wife had a virgin bloody mary. Watched the white caps out the windows. Got to listen in on Movie Sound Track Trivia game going on in the bar near us. Arrived in Nassau on schedule at 12N. Was neat watching them turn around and squeeze between the Sky and the Dream. We ate lunch at the Park Cafe and had the famous Beef Rolls. They lived up to the hype. Delicious. Found out that they have the pork on day 1 and the beef on day 2 and the pork again on day 3.

Went over to the Wj to get some ice cream. It was jam packed. Slipped in and got a bowl for the ice cream so we did not have to use the cones. We also found a trick to finding a seat in the crowded WJ. While looking for a place to eat our ice cream we went over toward the exit of the WJ and there were several empty seats. It make sense because that is the last place people would go after going through the buffet line.

Went back to our cabin to wait for the crowd to get off the ship. Got off at about 12:45p and no crowd at all. Very easy to get into Nassau now. Last time we were here in 2007 you had to walk through what I called a gauntlet of vendors in the small single hallway building. Now it is a open area with kiosks of vendors. They had a live band playing with a very good lead singer. Lots of people trying to get you to go on a tour of the city with them. Persistent but not pushy. We headed over to the Pirates Republic Bar. That was a place I wanted to go to after I found out they are the only brew on the premises pub in the Bahamas. And they have fantastic reviews on Yelp. Had a couple island brewed beers and talked with a nice couple off the Sky. The place was busy but not crowded. They are going to have a restaurant soon but now they have the Rasta out the side door who makes jerk chicken and other lunch food on the grill. The bar takes the money and you go out and get your food. Several people where there for the brewery tour at 2p. $10 for the tour and beer is included. The Oatmeal Stout was excellent.

Very windy and lots of people in town. Crowded narrow side walks and cars and horse drawn carriages vying for space on the narrow streets. Kind of hectic. We got a convincing recommendation from the bar tender to visit the Pirates Museum but we did want to walk that far so we went back to the ship about 3p. Nassau is a jewel why don't they polish it.

More about day 2 to come. I will try to get some pictures up also.

Day 2 cont.:

Formal night in the MDR. I wore a button up short sleeved shirt and a pair of chinos. Had a drink at the Schooner before dinner. We had shrimp cocktail for appetizers. Tonight was Saffron and our server Cruz told us that the only thing that it was in was the cauliflower with the Corvina. So I ordered it but when it arrived there was no cauliflower on the plate but I noticed the potato had a unusual but delicious flavor. Cruz went and found the chef and found out that the batch of cauliflower the ship got was rejected for poor quality so they put the saffron in the potato. Cruz had told me that the Corvina was dry and it was but still tasty. My wife had the Beef Tenderloin. Very good and well seasoned. We both had Creme Brulee for dessert. Too big for my wife to finish.

Had our photos taken by the Christmas tree in the centrum. The photographer was a professional the way he told us to pose. We had intentions to go to the midnight leaving Nassau party on the pool deck and were going to take a nap first. Well we are not night owls and did not make it. I heard the people returning to their rooms after midnight. I am a light sleeper and at home I sleep with ear plugs. I did not bring them on the ship thinking I did not need them. That was a mistake. I did not get very good sleep each night because of the noise(ship and people) and hard mattress. Who returns to their rooms talking load after midnight? The only disappointing part of the cruise was rude fellow passengers and that is not RCL's fault.:confused:

Enjoying your review. :) Enchantment has a whale of a pool deck! :cool:

Yes it does! Obviously part of the expansion.

We thought that the Oasis bar would be a nice place to have a drink. But as it turned out it was always crowded. Lots of pool deck users coming up to order drinks and the smoking area is right there.