Door Magnets

my3sonsnj

I put up the Hawaii Lei beads that they give you (free) along with a couple cheap (New Year type) lei's. They were taken!

I can't figure out why someone, who can obviously afford a 28 day cruise, needed to take my door decorations.....

Commenting, not judging, since you asked...maybe a fellow passenger "who can obviously afford a 28 day cruise" felt that the "free" and "cheap" decor on a beautiful ship was somewhat tacky.

Commenting, not judging, since you asked...maybe a fellow passenger "who can obviously afford a 28 day cruise" felt that the "free" and "cheap" decor on a beautiful ship was somewhat tacky.

That would make sense except that they left one of the lei's and left my door decoration.

This cruise was during Halloween and many doors were decorated with full door posters, spiders, skeleton's, etc. In fact, I saw more door decorations on this cruise than any other cruise that I have been on and that's about 70 cruises all together over the years.

I think it is nice to see travelers get into the spirit of their vacation, especially on the Holidays. I bet there will be even more stateroom door decorations during Christmas and New Years.

Many people decorate their homes for the holidays and since their stateroom is their home for a short while, why not decorate them.

• 3 months later...

We have never done this but this time my parents turn 80 and 85 right after our cruise so I bought a decorating kit and plan to surprise them with a cake at first nights dinner and decorate their door as a surprise when they come back to their cabin. I won't care if things get taken but it will be a fun way for them to end the night. Also bring her a princess pink bday sash at dinner and him a crown [emoji146][emoji5]

I would love to decorate my stateroom door with magnets and was surprised that the Cruise Critic store doesn't have any.

Where do most people get their magnets?

Has anyone come across cruise/vacation themed magnets sets in fun shapes to decorate doors? I've just been finding standard square/rectangle or round/oval individual magnets.

Thanks so much!

I bring one from home just to mark the door after my oh-so-attentive husband tried to open the door next to our cabin :D It's also nice to see something from home greet you.

I've heard from others that magnets can be stolen, so we bring a cheap one that we won't miss. So far, no "borrowers" :)