What an Idiot

Itsbeentoolong

Look at my post #21 which answers the question!

Always available means every night in addition to the normal menu which changes every night

I did read your post, please don't patronise me. I am not stupid.

The menus have recently changed according to post no. 23 on another thread "Favourite food on Ventura," ....and to which "itsbeentoolong" obviously refers

(quote)"Menu no longer shows favourites, steak is in the mains most nights but chicken and salmon do not appear as frequently. The current questionnaire asks what we think of the new menu layout. "

Hence my what I hope was a helpful comment to the OP.

I was on the Azura in September of this year. We had no problems what so ever. While she is not my favourite ship, I would not hesitate to book another cruise on her. For us it's the ports of call that matter. We are doing the Baltic next year on the Aurora and she is our favourite.

The only time I have ever had to complain about poor service was on a Princess ship and that was resolved.

Hi, we went on Oceana a few years back and the thing that instantly hit me was how tired the ship looked BUT after a short time you forget that and somehow it doesn't matter.!

As Florry said, it looks old, and in places very old.

But you will enjoy the cruise and make sure and tell us how you got on

I did read your post, please don't patronise me. I am not stupid.

The menus have recently changed according to post no. 23 on another thread "Favourite food on Ventura," ....and to which "itsbeentoolong" obviously refers

(quote)"Menu no longer shows favourites, steak is in the mains most nights but chicken and salmon do not appear as frequently. The current questionnaire asks what we think of the new menu layout. "

Hence my what I hope was a helpful comment to the OP.

Apologies, I did not read those posts and anyway should not have worded my reply like that :o:o:o

As Florry said, it looks old, and in places very old.

But you will enjoy the cruise and make sure and tell us how you got on

I look old and, in places, very old ---- but get to know me and I'm great really, just like Oceana ;) (Well I hope they do :))

This is the 'always available' menu from the P&O site.

P&O Cruises Favourites

Classic Starters

Atlantic Prawn Cocktail

with Homemade Marie Rose Sauce and Brown Bread

Trio of Melon

with Ginger and Minted Berry Compote (v)

Egg Mayonnaise

with a Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salsa (v)

Chicken Caesar Salad

Romaine Lettuce, Anchovies, Parmesan Cheese and Croûtons

in a Creamy Caesar Dressing

(Also available as a vegetarian option)

Cream of Tomato Soup

with Basil Oil and Croûtons (v)

Grills

Fillet of Salmon

with Hollandaise Sauce

Prime Sirloin Steak

with Button Mushrooms*

Breast of Chicken

with Madeira Sauce

Served with a selection of Seasonal Vegetables

Today’s Speciality Dish

Regional / Best of British / Pasta / Curry

Exec Chef to decide on board

Desserts

Sultana Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding

with Cream or Vanilla Custard

Fresh Seasonal Fruit Salad

with Cream

The "always available" (usually on the left hand page) was missing from the menu that was passed out by the waiters last month on Azura. It appeared that some of the "always available" items had been combined into the main daily offering.

dont worry about the azura reviews,its just like reading one awful review on trip adviser.people will big up any problems to get a response.weve been on 6 cruises now and each one has thrown up something that you wish could have been different but in no way does it spoil the holiday.if you listen to them then nobody would go on these ships.

we sailed on her to the fiords and had a great time.

Did the transatlantic in October with full noro precautions for 11 days and it was fine. Only thing was they kept the Beachhouse closed for the 11 days as staff were needed to assist in the buffet. The ship itself is fine, kept very clean and we had hardly any problems at all, with the exception of a lot of the food in MDR. We found it to be bland and it never seemed really hot and we do feel that the quality of food is not as good as it used to be. However, we ate in Sindhu and the Glasshouse a few times and that was superb. There were also quite a few tribute acts which we do not care for, but that is just us, and no doubt they were good at what they do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think that most people only post a review if they have had something they are not happy about and then just add other trivial items to the list to bolster their opinion.

Most people who have found no fault and/or had a great time don't post a review at all.

Some people look for things to be wrong from the minute they leave home.

I think some of them are people who work for other cruise lines ; it's the only sane explanation I can find for their "facts".

There are many sensible disappointed reviews which are argued coherently, but they tend to be swamped by numpties complaining Britannia is too big or something similar.