Latitudes Points

jeppler

We need 28 points as of today to move from Gold to Platinum status. We would like to get those in one cruise.

I think it is possible, and believe one of these strategies would get us there. Did I miss anything...

a. Book 2-14 day b2b cruises

b. Book a 14 day cruise, 9 months in advance

c. Book a 14 day in a suite

d. Book a 10 day, in a suite, 9 months in advance

e. Book a 10 day, 9 months out, if it's a latitudes rewards offer

f. Book a 7 day, in a suite, 9 moths out, if it's a latitudes reward offer

You missed 3 possibilities:

Did I miss anything...

a. Book 2-14 day b2b cruises

aʹ. Book one 28-day cruise

b. Book a 14 day cruise, 9 months in advance

c. Book a 14 day in a suite

cʹ. Book a 14 day Latitudes Insider Offer

d. Book a 10 day, in a suite, 9 months in advance

e. Book a 10 day, 9 months out, if it's a latitudes rewards offer

eʹ. Book a 10 day Latitudes Insider Offer in a suite

f. Book a 7 day, in a suite, 9 moths out, if it's a latitudes reward offer

So,,, there are just a few benefits of getting to Platinum. NCL's program really does not reward the frequent cruiser that much.

Take the cruises you want, when you want, in the cabin class you want and you'll get the free box of chocolate and free bag of laundry in due time.

So,,, there are just a few benefits of getting to Platinum. NCL's program really does not reward the frequent cruiser that much.

Take the cruises you want, when you want, in the cabin class you want and you'll get the free box of chocolate and free bag of laundry in due time.

We just took our first cruise as Platinum. The free dinner for free, for each of us, including bottles of wine for each voucher, were worth $75 to $100 each, depending on the restaurant and the wine selected. We used both vouchers at once, inviting another couple to share Moderno with us, and enjoyed a bottle of Malbec and one of Pinot Noir.

Then, there was the two free bags of laundry (my wife and I are both Platinum). We only needed one, so we put our name on one of the bags for our friends. Then, there were the special luggage tags for disembarkation. They gave us 4, we only needed 2, so again we shared with our friends. We also shared the chocolates and the strawberries. Of course, there was also the free "behind the scenes" tour, worth $79 for each of us. Oh, yeah, the bottle of sparkling wine, switched for a bottle of red, worth around $30.

Between just the dinner, the tour and the laundry, we figure the minimum value was above $200 each, if we hadn't share with our friends. Not bad as it took just 2 previous cruises to become Platinum (1 cruise of 10 days, 10 points, 1 cruise of 24 days, in a suite, booked early, 72 more).

Edited by hondorner

Going Platinum in one fell swoop (well almost !).

Book a 19 day voyage *

9 months out

in a suite

and as a Latitude Insider Offer

19+19+19+19=the 76 Latitudes Rewards (points) to go Platinum.

Whoa but you have to establish a Latitudes Rewards account first so you

need to take one of them 3 day cruises to nowhere.

Then after these two cruises you will have arrived on Platinum row.

* Currently no 19 day cruises like the hand in Cribbage but there are plenty

of ways to assemble 7 10 & 14 (or more) day cruises.

I did mine in 3 with a 7 day (7 pts); a 14 day suite 9 mos & insider (56) and a

7 day suite & insider (21) = total 84. Platinum starts at 76.

So slow and steady or fast and furious you can get there !

We just took our first cruise as Platinum. The free dinner for free, for each of us, including bottles of wine for each voucher, were worth $75 to $100 each, depending on the restaurant and the wine selected. We used both vouchers at once, inviting another couple to share Moderno with us, and enjoyed a bottle of Malbec and one of Pinot Noir.

Then, there was the two free bags of laundry (my wife and I are both Platinum). We only needed one, so we put our name on one of the bags for our friends. Then, there were the special luggage tags for disembarkation. They gave us 4, we only needed 2, so again we shared with our friends. We also shared the chocolates and the strawberries. Of course, there was also the free "behind the scenes" tour, worth $79 for each of us. Oh, yeah, the bottle of sparkling wine, switched for a bottle of red, worth around $30.

Between just the dinner, the tour and the laundry, we figure the minimum value was above $200 each, if we hadn't share with our friends. Not bad as it took just 2 previous cruises to become Platinum (1 cruise of 10 days, 10 points, 1 cruise of 24 days, in a suite, booked early, 72 more).

In addition there are discounts on certain onboard purchases.