Tell me about Victory...

pirate4me2

Can't wait to sail on her Jan 4th any info/tips appreciated!

Me too!! It's my very first cruise as well. My little brother is getting married in Grand Cayman. I'm excited and totally freaked out about going on a cruise. Before my brother opted for a destination wedding, I vowed to never go on a cruise (ah... the old never say never adage applies for a reason!)

If you can get a spot, the aft pool is my favorite area. For some reason a lot of people don't even seem to realize it exists the first couple days of the cruise.

I'm glad to hear that, I love the aft pool area! Is it enclosed, like the Conquest class ships are? I've sailed Liberty and I wasn't crazy about it being enclosed, I like it open like the Spirit and Dream classes, but I will still enjoy it if it is closed in. Our cruise is only a 3 day, so maybe it will be "undiscovered" the whole time. :D

Me too!! It's my very first cruise as well. My little brother is getting married in Grand Cayman. I'm excited and totally freaked out about going on a cruise. Before my brother opted for a destination wedding, I vowed to never go on a cruise (ah... the old never say never adage applies for a reason!)

I said the same exact thing, and my DH begged to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. Now look at me, I am a cruise addict!

I'm glad to hear that, I love the aft pool area! Is it enclosed, like the Conquest class ships are? I've sailed Liberty and I wasn't crazy about it being enclosed, I like it open like the Spirit and Dream classes, but I will still enjoy it if it is closed in. Our cruise is only a 3 day, so maybe it will be "undiscovered" the whole time. :D

Its open but there's a retractable roof they can cover it with if the weather is bad

It's going to be great! You will have a wonderful time I'm sure!

Victory was my first cruise back in 2004 when she was newer. I cruised her again in 2013. I love Victory & think she's a lovely ship. I know the emerald green atrium isn't beloved on here, but I have a soft spot for it perhaps because it was my first. There aren't 2.0 upgrades as of now. There's a nice serenity area. The ship is a decent size & I don't recall feeling crowded on either cruise.

I've only stayed in insides on deck 6 & 5 but no complaints on either location.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, no steakhouse on the Victory. You can however order a steakhouse steak, or lobster in the regular dining room for a 20.00 charge.

meant to say steakhouse type steak, being larger and most likely better quality than the regular steak in the mdr.

Edited by SMSACE6

I was recently on dec. 17, I did feel it seemed a bit crowded, but that also could of been due to it being the start of many peoples winter vacations and many rooms having more than the average 2 people. I really felt how many people were on the ship in the buffet, lines were awful. That would really be my only complaint. I did find it odd they decided the put the serenity right by the water slide where children congregate. The mini gold and serenity easily could have been swapped and i think that would of made more sense from a design standpoint. Serenity looked nice inside, but only ever went in there in the evenings so can't say for how crowded it was during the day.

Comedy shows were really good, loved the piano guy at the piano bar he was always a lot of fun, walked into club arctic for 2 minutes tops that's not really my favorite atmosphere. I thought food was good, but i'm also 21 in college so I wouldn't say i'm too picky on quality. Also, they didn't advertise Veggies burgers by the pool, but they do have them if you ask for anybody who is vegetarian, they were pretty good.

Pool areas weren't bad, but we also had poor weather our last 2 days but still it was a lot of fun and found enough to do indoors.

I was recently on dec. 17, I did feel it seemed a bit crowded, but that also could of been due to it being the start of many peoples winter vacations and many rooms having more than the average 2 people. I really felt how many people were on the ship in the buffet, lines were awful. That would really be my only complaint. I did find it odd they decided the put the serenity right by the water slide where children congregate. The mini gold and serenity easily could have been swapped and i think that would of made more sense from a design standpoint. Serenity looked nice inside, but only ever went in there in the evenings so can't say for how crowded it was during the day.

Comedy shows were really good, loved the piano guy at the piano bar he was always a lot of fun, walked into club arctic for 2 minutes tops that's not really my favorite atmosphere. I thought food was good, but i'm also 21 in college so I wouldn't say i'm too picky on quality. Also, they didn't advertise Veggies burgers by the pool, but they do have them if you ask for anybody who is vegetarian, they were pretty good.

Pool areas weren't bad, but we also had poor weather our last 2 days but still it was a lot of fun and found enough to do indoors.

Thank you for the info! I will be traveling with an almost vegetarian, so the veggie burger info is great for her.