HAL's website currently a mess

Zeno

Currently HAL's "Plan" portion of their website is a mess right now - displaying program field names rather than correct headers and comments.

It does not reflect well that they apparently do not test changes or check to see screens after changes have been made. I hope they fix it soon since anyone thinking to plan a cruise would NOT be impressed.

Currently HAL's "Plan" portion of their website is a mess right now - displaying program field names rather than correct headers and comments.

It does not reflect well that they apparently do not test changes or check to see screens after changes have been made. I hope they fix it soon since anyone thinking to plan a cruise would NOT be impressed.

Are you using Chrome by Google ? If so try another browser . Chrome doesn't interpret some of the current web coding standards properly.

I was told by other CCers that I could book specialty restaurants a year in advance. My next cruise is about a year away, so I keep checking to see if I can book. Whenever I do, the screen does not change, it just seems to be frozen. I am sure it is because I am too early, but you would think I would get a message telling me so. This has been going on since the last "update," before that it used to tell me the page was "not available."

I was told by other CCers that I could book specialty restaurants a year in advance. My next cruise is about a year away, so I keep checking to see if I can book. Whenever I do, the screen does not change, it just seems to be frozen. I am sure it is because I am too early, but you would think I would get a message telling me so. This has been going on since the last "update," before that it used to tell me the page was "not available."

Many times I have not been able to pre-book specialty restaurants until about 9 months out from our cruises.

But right now HAL's site is a mess.

Okay -- I just tried to pretend to want to book a cruise.

One computer -- windows 7 and chrome -- no go.

The other computer -- windows 8.1 and chrome -- no go.

It is awful.

Try a browser other than Chrome . Chrome has known issues on some websites some of the time. I have tried Chrome and went back to my tried an true Waterfox ( 64 bit version of Firefox).

No - just Windows 10

Chrome is a web browser, if your computer came with the Windows 10 operating system, it probably has the new "Edge" browser. I found edge impossible to use, so I have downloaded the Chrome browser, but you can also try the Mozilla browser, if Chrome isn't working. I am not sure if you can browse with Explorer with a Microsoft 10 system.

Are you using Chrome by Google ? If so try another browser . Chrome doesn't interpret some of the current web coding standards properly.

Do you have any evidence for that claim? I'm a professional web developer and use Chrome almost exclusively. I am not aware of any standards compliance issues. All modern browsers are very highly standards compliant.

Do you have any evidence for that claim? I'm a professional web developer and use Chrome almost exclusively. I am not aware of any standards compliance issues. All modern browsers are very highly standards compliant.

IE and Chrome has always given me the most issues from the ProdOps/DevOps side supporting our SaaS platform. Once it escalates to my level and I get pissed because Chrome or IE being lame. I blame both the software devs for being lazy in not validating other browsers in their unit tests, and browser makers for all doing half @xx support for standards.

IE and Chrome has always given me the most issues from the ProdOps/DevOps side supporting our SaaS platform. Once it escalates to my level and I get pissed because Chrome or IE being lame. I blame both the software devs for being lazy in not validating other browsers in their unit tests, and browser makers for all doing half @xx support for standards.

I agree with this. There are many web developers that don't do a good job or are sloppy with their code. When I do my own coding I always check multiple browsers including ones long pass.

What I find most frustrating about the site is that when I try to view a cruise but want to go back to see another ship's itinerary, I can never get "back" to make even the simplest change to my search. I end up having to close the browser and start the search from scratch. It's time consuming and ridiculous. I end up searching for cruises using other travel sites.

What I find most frustrating about the site is that when I try to view a cruise but want to go back to see another ship's itinerary, I can never get "back" to make even the simplest change to my search. I end up having to close the browser and start the search from scratch. It's time consuming and ridiculous. I end up searching for cruises using other travel sites.

I do that all the time (getting data for the sail-away threads).

There is either a panel on the left where you can change dates, ship etc. or if you are looking at a specific cruise's details, you can click on "Search Results" in this line just below the banner:

Search Cruises > Finder > Search Results > Itinerary Details

Edited by Boytjie

I am NOT impressed with Chrome....have had all kinds of trouble, not just with HAL's web site! I did finally get in to print my docs a few days ago after a week of trying.

I do that all the time (getting data for the sail-away threads).

There is either a panel on the left where you can change dates, ship etc. or if you are looking at a specific cruise's details, you can click on "Search Results" in this line just below the banner:

Search Cruises > Finder > Search Results > Itinerary Details

Nope. Once I get into choosing a particular ship/itinerary, the panel on the left disappears, and there is nothing like the Search Results area you referred to. I will switch from Chrome to Mozilla to see if it makes a difference.