Menu options, just curious

E&B

We'll be on the Magic, which has the American Table menu. I've recently discovered that if I try to stay away from carbs (could be gluten, I just don't know) I feel so much better. Fewer digestive issues etc. I can almost always find something on a menu that fits my needs, it's certainly not an allergy or special needs situation. But, on another thread I noticed most people noted that their favorite dishes were the ones loaded with carbs, spaghetti carbonara, beef Wellington etc. Do you think there are enough healthier options (or at least lower carb options) on the American Table menu without having to make special requests? I know the buffet may have more options, but we hate buffets. We'd rather have a nice sit down meal in the dinning room.

yes, there should be options for you. On the grill part of the menu there is a fish, a chicken, a steak and a pork chop each night.

As well, favourites like prime rib, lobster and shrimp or the short ribs should all be options on the nights they are served.

You could let your servers know that you are eating "low carb" and they can also advice you on what will be carb heavy.

The American table also has at least 2 vegetable choices each night (like succotash, creamed spinach, ratatouille, or broccoli, carrots and onion) which will allow you to select side items to enhance your entrée choice without resorting to carbs.

I'm a Bariatric patient. Protein is my friend. I did just fine on the Breeze. You won't go hungry and there are plenty of protein options without loading up on carbs. You're going on vacation - no need to stress over food.

Thanks! I'm not stressing at all. Just wondering how easy it would be to eat a little variety and try to avoid carbs. I can always find something. Was just hoping I wouldn't get bored I guess.

We avoid carbs eating at home...and I must be gluten free.

There is always a seafood dish, veggies (plain) and salads. There are appetizers such as shrimp cocktail and fruit too. We normally will up charge our meal and get the lobster tail, surf and turf or the 14 ounce NY Strip and get a veggie with it.

We get these up charge items because they are a much better piece of beef and contain no fat really...compared to the prime rib you get on the regular menu which I saw others around me had I would not eat that, it was all fatty and didn't look appetizing at all.

At the buffet you can get the salad bar, at the deli ask for the meat without the bread and then you have the rotisserie and mongolian wok. They usually had a fish too and some days chicken and the meat carving you can have.

Edited by lyndamr