Comparison: Princess vs. Celebrity

El Crucero

Which intenary did you do and how did you like it and the infinity

If you are asking me, the Pacific Coastal cruise on Celebrity Infinity is in Sept. 2016. It started out as a 7-night cruise, but changed to a 12-night when a 5-night charter was cancelled: http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruises/cruise-package-IN12R012?packageid=IN12R012&dest=ALCAN&shipCode=IN&shipName=Celebrity%20Infinity&sailDate=1160925&cabincls=INTERIOR

I expect the Infinity will be similar to the Constellation, although we were on the latter in 2009 before it was "Solsticized."

Which intenary did you do and how did you like it and the infinity

We are taking the Pacific Coastal cruise on Infinity (aqua class) in May 2016. This will be an 11 night Anniversary cruise for us. We have never been on Infinity but we have been on other M class ships which are all similar and we like them. The Infinity recently went into drydock for refurbishment so it should be all spic and span.

I have done both lines. I think they are both great to sail with and have different aspects where they excel. My personal thought was that Princess had much better entertainment shows than Celebrity could ever produce where Celebrity had much better quality of ship features available.

One rule I go by when sailing Princess is to avoid the Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Caribbean and Island Princess which have excess passengers. Celebrity has larger ships than these with less passengers meaning more space and comfort.

I have done both lines. I think they are both great to sail with and have different aspects where they excel. My personal thought was that Princess had much better entertainment shows than Celebrity could ever produce where Celebrity had much better quality of ship features available.

One rule I go by when sailing Princess is to avoid the Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Caribbean and Island Princess which have excess passengers. Celebrity has larger ships than these with less passengers meaning more space and comfort.

The Island Princess is a sister to Coral, and considerably smaller than the Crown, Emerald, Ruby, or Caribbean Princess.

The only Princess ships that appear to have a Los Angeles/Los Angeles itinerary are the Star, Ruby, and Crown. Doesn't sound like any good choices, but I will keep an open mind.

The Island Princess is a sister to Coral, and considerably smaller than the Crown, Emerald, Ruby, or Caribbean Princess.

Have you heard about the "destruction" of Island Princess as I like to refer to its refit as "destruction" and the removal of public space for cabins. It is now blacklisted on my cruise ship list for life.

We've only been on the Celebrity Equinox. Loved the Hot Glass Show, and the shows were the best ever. Having said that we go back to Princess. You can combine onboard credits on Princess, on Celebrity it usually only one or the other. I felt a little bit like being treated I was in steerage on Celebrity with an inside room (with the showroom roped off for suites on formal nights). Most things equal still will sail on Princess, it's just best for us.

No good library on the newer x ships for one.

The buffet on X is very good, I will give them that.

Library on Celebrity Reflection is superior to all Princess ships we have been on EXCEPT Ocean Princess.

The buffet on Celebrity is better than all Princess ships but two. Royal and Regal absolutely blows them (X) away!! Best we have encountered.

Library on Celebrity Reflection is superior to all Princess ships we have been on EXCEPT Ocean Princess.

The buffet on Celebrity is better than all Princess ships but two. Royal and Regal absolutely blows them (X) away!! Best we have encountered.

Why are they better?

Why are they better?

The buffet on Celebrity is huge with lots of different types of cuisine. They have an Asian section, and Italian section, etc. as well as the more typical American buffet options. The exact choices vary each day, but is was always an issue of more good things than I could possibly try...and almost everything was excellent.

The buffet on Celebrity is huge with lots of different types of cuisine. They have an Asian section' date=' and Italian section, etc. as well as the more typical American buffet options. The exact choices vary each day, but is was always an issue of more good things than I could possibly try...and almost everything was excellent.[/quote']

True. But Royal and Regal Princess buffet has more open selection, with fare changing every day (Celebrity not so much), a separate "cafe" section, a separate dessert section and Princess has to-the-table beverage service, which Celebrity does not.