Sailing with a child under 2

CruiseBride926

Just curious for those who have sailed with a child under 2 where did they sleep? We booked an ocean suite anticipating needing the added space for a pack and play however my daughter has recently decided she's not down with that. Are children of age already sleeping on the couch/bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which ship? Most regular balcony cabins have a sofa that can be turned around. Others will put a rolled up towel or pool noodle under the bottom sheet to act as a bumper.

I know you said you're going to be in a suite. Just suggestions of you wanted to downgrade.

Edited by SadieN

Just curious for those who have sailed with a child under 2 where did they sleep? We booked an ocean suite anticipating needing the added space for a pack and play however my daughter has recently decided she's not down with that. Are children of age already sleeping on the couch/bed?

We took our 13 month old grand daughter on the Glory in May. Our PVP told us a crib would be provided for her in our balcony cabin. It was there and set up for her when we boarded.

We took our 13 month old grand daughter on the Glory in May. Our PVP told us a crib would be provided for her in our balcony cabin. It was there and set up for her when we boarded.

Thank you. Was it an actual crib or was it a pack and play?

This is what I'm getting for my 2 year old... The-Shrunks-Portable-Inflatable-Mattress

It is 7.8 lb with a carrying case. They recommend for ages 2+, minimum weight 30lb and maximum of 100lb. Fits standard crib sheets.

Amazon has it for $57 right now. We're getting it to use in the hotel room and on the cruise as he is not ready to sleep in a tall bed without rails.

We've cruised with children beginning at age 6 months and have used several different bed configurations: crib, pack in play, sleep in adults bed, couch with pillow on floor, and also blankets on the floor(she fell asleep that way while watching a movie, but it worked!)

Depends on you and the child in question. Keep the Ocean suite, the extra space will allow for more sleeping configurations.

Thank you. Was it an actual crib or was it a pack and play?

Most the ships have cribs. Not the type we have in nurseries but more similar to a daycare crib. They are a little smaller, but work just fine.

Most the ships have cribs. Not the type we have in nurseries but more similar to a daycare crib. They are a little smaller, but work just fine.

I'm definitely going to call and ask about that then. I just assumed it would be a pack and play and I'm thinking her issue with it is that she so used to sleeping in her crib now that she want able to sleep without the mattress.

I'm definitely going to call and ask about that then. I just assumed it would be a pack and play and I'm thinking her issue with it is that she so used to sleeping in her crib now that she want able to sleep without the mattress.

From the carnival website.

Q:
Do you provide cribs in the staterooms?
A:
Cribs are provided complimentary in staterooms.

Cribs Holiday Crib (folding metal portable crib) Made exclusively for L.A Baby, Inc. Product #82

Note: Request must be made at the time of booking.