Why the SHORT PORT stay in Cabo San Lucas??

inquiring2015

Also to me Mazatlan is much more interesting. Cabo has been overrun with condos and shopping, you might as well stay home.

Oh, c'mon! Sure, there's a Hard Rock Café in San Francisco, but there's not a Señor Frog's!

Edited by shepp

Does anyone know why the Crown Princess remained in Cabo San Lucas during Novembers' 2015 Mexican Riviera cruise ONLY 5 hours while remaining in the much-less-interesting Matzatlan ALL DAY? Neither crew nor passengers knew why and many passengers were bewildered and upset at the short 5-hour stint in fascinating Cabo San Lucas.

Thanks to all.

"fascinating" and "Cabo San Lucas" - don't often see those going together very often...

Our recent 5 day on the Ruby had an overnight in Cabo. This gave us a chance to spend a reasonable amount of time in San José del Cabo (74 pesos pp return by bus). Quaint little town - still touristy, but more upmarket (there's a refreshing lack of bars offering cheap shots and buckets of beer).

To be honest though we much prefer PV and Mazatlan - there's far more diversity and stuff to do in both. You can almost convince yourself that you're hanging with the locals... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know why the Crown Princess remained in Cabo San Lucas during Novembers' 2015 Mexican Riviera cruise ONLY 5 hours while remaining in the much-less-interesting Matzatlan ALL DAY? Neither crew nor passengers knew why and many passengers were bewildered and upset at the short 5-hour stint in fascinating Cabo San Lucas.

Thanks to all.

If Cabo is the final stop before Los Angeles then it needs to leave by 2PM to make LA on time arrival by 7AM since it has a long distant to cover. Most CSL port stops are 7AM to 2PM. I've been to CSL enough times to feels 5 hours is just enough time to look around the Marina and go into the city or do one shore excursion. Some of the 10 days cruises which CSL isn't the last port before LA stays all day from 8AM to 5PM. I hope this explain it.

The best thing I can say about Cabo is that it's definitely a much better port stop than La Paz. I don't want to ever go to La Paz again. If we do, I will stay onboard or maybe just wander around the small market area right by the ship. That long bus ride into town and back with a long line to wait in each way and nothing much worth doing in town was a drag.

Wow! Only 5 hours?? My experience in about 8 times to Cabo on Princess is the ship is there from 7-2. Granted you need to be onboard by 1:30. 6 1/2 hours is plenty of time in Cabo. I like Cabo but don't mind a shorter day there. I like the longer day in Mazatlan.

We are taking the zodiac whale watching tour. We did it before and it was great seeing the whales while at water level. We loved it so much we are doing it again.

And being a Princess excursion I suspect we'll have no problem being one of the first off the ship.