Voyager of the seas noumea, isle of pines, mystery island

Ozscot01, just posted on another thread but here goes again. In Noumea did you do the hop on hop off bus. Could you pay in AUD and how much was it? Also on Mystery Island do they have the see through canoes and if so do you know how much these are to hire? How was your holiday on the Voyager? Hope you had a great time.

Also on Mystery Island do they have the see through canoes and if so do you know how much these are to hire?

Try mysteryislandtours dot com for info. I think they exclusively organise tours through the ship though best to check.

We did see the "glass bottom canoes" on the beach but did not use them so I'm afraid I dont know the cost. They looked a bit like plastic bath tubs[emoji23].

I spoke to a few people who has done both the glass bottom boat and the village tours from the ship. They enjoyed them immensely.

We managed to pass the day between hair braiding, $12, wandering the markets, photographing the cannibal pot, snorkelling and wandering the island.

Summerholidays, we loved Voyager and the entire trip. It was a first for us so we had nothing to compare and nothing to complain about. I particularly liked Isle of Pines, the water was more to my liking though things were a bit more expensive than Mystery Island. Hopefully you will enjoy the cruise as much as we did[emoji4]

Edited by ozscot01

This will be our first cruise also. Thanks for the info on the hair braiding, snorkelling, cannibal pot, etc. Most difficult part of this trip is trying to work out how much money we will need so any information about costs helps heaps. So looking forward to this trip as it has been booked for over a year. Just out of curiosity what deck were you on as we are on deck 12. Thanks again for your time.

Ozscot01, just posted on another thread but here goes again. In Noumea did you do the hop on hop off bus. Could you pay in AUD and how much was it? Also on Mystery Island do they have the see through canoes and if so do you know how much these are to hire? How was your holiday on the Voyager? Hope you had a great time.

The hop on hop off bus was $15 AUD each three weeks ago. I saw the clear bottomed canoes on Mystery Island while I was running around the beaches. I didnt see the cost though sorry.

Okay Summerholidays, I will tell you what I can remember but do bear in mind we did not do a lot of organised tours.

On Mystery Island there were a lot of tours available with the locals when you arrive at the jetty. Many of them were around the $25 mark, fishing, glass bottom boat, Brush Island. The markets you could wander for an hour and buy nothing! But you may want to pick up the odd souvenir and you could do that for $10 - $20 each. We did buy drinking coconuts at $2 each, and it was $5 pp to have photos taken in the cannibal pot. RCI will have barmen selling drinks too, $6 for a mocktail from memory. We did not have lunch but I saw lobsters selling for between $30-$50. You could equally have a large breakfast, bring water and spend absolutely nothing if you chose. The snorkelling was okay but the beach was very busy and very rocky, you will need reef shoes.

On Isle of Pines, my favourite of the two, the markets were smaller and more expensive for similar items. Hair braiding here was $25! We picked up some bbq chicken and chips for lunch for $10.

I really only paid attention to the village tours. There were 45 minute tours and 2hour tours. The short one was around $30 and the 2hour one about $55. But take the tours early if you are keen. The short one is a small 7 seater bus and you may not get on later. You could also just negotiate a rate with a local driver, pay them when they bring you back.

For me, the beaches here were much better and I loved the water but again you will need reef shoes as there is lots of broken coral.

In Noumea we took the Tchou Tchou train $42 at the port terminal. It lasted around 90 minutes and was fairly informative. The markets at the port terminal also take $Au. We went back to the ship for lunch as we had a fairly fussy teen with us. The kids then stayed aboard and we adults went back into town for a wander. We had a look around Coconut Square which is very pretty but as far as shopping goes, they shut for a long lunch so were saved from ourselves! I can't really help you out much with Noumea, the people were friendly but as a port it didn't really excite us.

Hope some of this has given you some ideas of $$ [emoji4]

There are now 2 ice shows on Voyager at various times. You need to collect tickets for these, they are held several times but DO NOT miss them. They are both fabulous.

We had Anytime dining, a regular table at 7.30 which left us with enough time to make the second show at 8.45. I can't remember the time of the first show as we never made that, preferring to eat first. We were served very quickly in the dining room but that may be because we were on a table for either 2 or 4 when our girls ate with us. Larger tables may take longer to all be served, I'm not sure on that.

Happy new year ozscot. Do you remember what time the shows were held in the theatre and the ice skating shows. Did you happen to have my time dining? If so how did this work. Thanks

You have not mentioned the date of your cruise We are booked on Voyager on 27th February for that itinerary We have a good roll call going on come and join us if this is your date also

We are currently on the Voyager. You will be tendering to Mystery Island, approximately 20 minutes. Once there you truly won't need a tour...you can literally walk around this small island in 45 minutes. Plan on a wonderful day of swimming and snorkling.

The "Headliner" shows for second seating are scheduled at 6:45 pm or 7:00 pm.

Isle of Pines is also a tendering port...just a bit longer. The sand, water, and beaches are some of the best we have ever seen...the area by the caves and sandbar was breathtaking.

RCI provided a free shuttle in Noumea. Not much there. All sights were within walking distance. Happy sailing. :)

Thanks bonsai3s. We are going on the Voyager on the 22nd Jan (not too long now). What are Headliner shows and is this the time they start (6.45 or 7.00pm). Are there shows later in the evening? What is the weather like in South Pacific at present?

Edited by summerholidays

Was in Isle of Pine the other day & about to get off the boat for Noumea today!

Isle of Pine was very very pretty! Didn't do any tours just walked around & had a few swims.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451765472.131444.jpg.ca63bb90040950d6f2b44ee2c30b6733.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22-Jan-2015 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

10-Jan-2014 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

03-Feb-2012 Rhapsody Of The Seas 3 Night Sampler Cruise

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451765428.622694.jpg.cdca3de63f48031197a673e5d1e7e52e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451765446.583552.jpg.df1559889a9762866f571b4613cbd2fd.jpg

The Headliner shows for first seating is typically scheduled for 8:45pm. (Just to clarify...we were on the Mystery Island, Isle of Pines, and Noumea cruise last December 5th and we are still onboard.) The Headliners have included a Mentalist, comedians (general and adults only comedy shows), guest singers, impressionist, along with the Voyager singers and dancers.

The weather (when we were there a month ago) was warm and absolutely perfect for swimming or simply lounging around. The Voyager is currently sailing towards Wellington (after a day in Dunedin).......and the weather's been cold and windy in New Zealand. Perhaps it may be best to google the weather for the islands. :)

Hi Bitter Bulldog

did you see any private tours for Turtle Bay & Brush Island on Isle of Pines

Thanks

I didn't look for any tours, sorry HCI.

We were always planning to just enjoy the beach/bays.

We had lunch at the cafe / restaurant / shop that's on the beach near where the tenders drop.

Can recommend the ham & eggs, & chicken rolls.

On Noumea right now - we just did the Tchou Tchou tour.

It was good. Nice lagoon was the highlight for me. Worlds largest apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22-Jan-2015 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

10-Jan-2014 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

03-Feb-2012 Rhapsody Of The Seas 3 Night Sampler Cruise