Emerald Inside Staterooms

spcl4cs_gal

Hi

Would not worry about the cabin, but more what is at the side of it, have

had ones with room stewards cupboard at the side, every morning crash bang etc

as they got ready for theirs days work.

yours Shogun

I've had three different inside cabins on the Emerald. All the same size, none that I'd consider spacious, but adequate. All of our inside cabins on HAL have been larger (they've all had sofas). The main thing we'd now look for when booking an inside on the Emerald is to make sure it is NOT a quad cabin. Learned that one the hard way. :rolleyes:

Would not worry about the cabin, but more what is at the side of it, have had ones with room stewards cupboard at the side, every morning crash bang etc. as they got ready for theirs days work.

This would be good to know. But do they even show the room stewards cupboard on the deck plans? I've not seen it.

This would be good to know. But do they even show the room stewards cupboard on the deck plans? I've not seen it.

When looking at the deck plans, if there is 'white space' next to a cabin, it could be service area for the stewards. If there are cabins on both sides, no worries.

Hi

Would not worry about the cabin, but more what is at the side of it, have

had ones with room stewards cupboard at the side, every morning crash bang etc

as they got ready for theirs days work.

yours Shogun

To workaround this, my spouse and I always bring earplugs. We buy a brand called Macs, available at Target or most pharmacies.

Happy holidays

I've had three different inside cabins on the Emerald. All the same size, none that I'd consider spacious, but adequate. All of our inside cabins on HAL have been larger (they've all had sofas). The main thing we'd now look for when booking an inside on the Emerald is to make sure it is NOT a quad cabin. Learned that one the hard way. :rolleyes:

Agree 100%. We were in a quad (I didn't think it mattered when I was choosing cabin). Since we had our bed configured as a queen, we had to walk sideways when getting in and out of bed to avoid hitting our heads on the upper beds that were closed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please tell me what's the disadvantage of having a quad inside cabin? My daughter and her friend will be in one but beds will be separated....

Edited by jagmanss1

Can anyone please tell me what's the disadvantage of having a quad inside cabin? My daughter and her friend will be in one but beds will be separated....

When the beds are not down sometimes they protrude from the wall about 10 inches. :( Not that big a deal if the lower beds are separated.

My personal favorite location for an inside cabin is forward on the Lido deck, where the cabin numbers are in the 200s. It's very quiet, hallway traffic is minimal, at least on the starboard side (I don't know about port side as I have never had a cabin on the port side).

It's very convenient to the pools, the pizza place, the burger place, a couple of bars, and a nice walk thru the pool area to get to the Horizon Court. Up one flight of stairs gets you to the Spa, and door leading outside to the open deck.

The forward elevators are close, and generally speaking are less busy than the midship and aft elevators, except when there is a show or other function that fills the theater and after Muster Drill.

I have not had any problem with there being excessive "ocean motion" in those forward cabins. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I have never found it to be an issue.