Paradise Beach hours/crowds

sdchickie

I've been searching on here and on the internet and haven't been able to find the hours for Paradise Beach anyone here know how late they are open. Also, we are the last ship in port with a port load of 20,000 people how busy does PB get? Will we still be able to find lounges for 6 of us in the shade if we won't be able to get there for a few hours after all the other ships are there? I saw on their web site that they have paddle boards, anyone know how that works? Do they have reservations or do you just stand around and wait for someone to finish using them? Any other PB suggestions are also appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by sdchickie

We just returned from Cozumel and Paradise Beach. We loved it.

Our server told us they serve the cruise passengers and are open 8-5. I didn't see the hours posted. Our ship docked at 8:30. We got to the beach at 10:30 and had ample choices of good locations for shade chairs. It started to fill up by around 12:00, but there were still plenty of chairs deeper into the palm trees and around the pool. By 2:30, many people were packing up and leaving.

There is a LOT of shade available, as many of the chairs are under a forest of palm trees. We're a family of fair skinned red heads, so that's important to us. There is lots of full sun chairs as well, for those that want sun. There were 6 ships in port that day, 4 large ships and 2 midsize ships. I'm not sure how many total people that would have been.

The paddle boards and kayaks are first come first served. There is an attendant there and you just stand and wait for one to become available. There were maybe 4-5 kayaks and the same number of paddle boards. But the space to do them is pretty small and most people tire of it pretty quickly. My very fit 16yo found out its harder than it looks!

The food was great, the pool clean and well maintained. The beach was exceedingly clean. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The huge inflatables were great for my teens and dh. I tried them once and realized my knee was in grave danger. Large, slippery, and unstable - not a good combo for me. It did put the whole "American Gladiator" and Survivor games into perspective! My dh did them, and has been sore for 2 days since. My 3 kids spent hours on them.

Thanks so much for the info, we're a pasty white family too so we defiantly need the shade. I paddle board regularly in the summer so I will jump on one whenever I can in the winter. I'm sure my kiddos will love the inflatibles.

Sorry, no photos, I forgot my camera! Erg.

Getting there is easy. Get off the ship and go to the taxi stand right outside the pier. The price will be listed already, so no haggling. It was $32 for a large van for the 8 of us, and about a 15-20 min ride. We were at the Punta Lagosta pier, so it might be a bit cheaper from the other pier which is a bit closer to the beach. We paid dollars cash no problem. Getting back is exactly the same - taxi stand at the front of the beach.

As an aside, our ship (Disney Wonder) had pool towels to grab as we were disembarking. I'm not sure if all ships do that, but it was nice not to have to pack beach towels.

It is a $3 admission, which covers your chair. An additional $18 will get you unlimited use of the inflatables, paddle boards, kayaks, etc. There was snorkeling, but no one in our group did it so I don't know if it cost extra. I can't imagine the snorkeling there is very good, as the water is not all that clear, but maybe I'm biased since I've snorkeled French Polynesia.

Admission and the inflatables/etc are paid for right away and you get a wrist band for each. We paid dollars cash for those. Food and drinks are on a tab with the waiter, who was super attentive and very friendly. We paid with CC for the tab.

It's really more of a "compound." A large drive to an entry with two small souvenir shops and the taxi stand. Paved and landscaped walkways from that to the pool, large covered pool bar, and changing rooms/bathrooms. Then a large stretch of beach with lots of choices of sun/shade, a beach volleyball pit, a pier the snorkelers were using. On one side a fair bit down is another beach compound that was not as nice - more crowded and not as nice chairs, hawkers trying to get you to buy things (only an issue if you walk down the beach into that other territory). The other side abuts some wild space and eventually someone's nice house. Way down the beachfront on that side is another commercial beach, so it feels somewhat isolated as well.

I'm not usually a beach person, but I really enjoyed Paradise Beach.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That cab fare is round trip for four. Not sure about a van of 8. Yes there are both jet ski and parasail vendors. My son and I parasailed there a few years ago and we go there 3 or 4 times a year. Walk out to the beach and go to the right. There is a lane buoyed off for the boats to come to the beach to pickup/ drop off their customers. Honestly we have never needed a locker so I have no answer for that question. It's a very nice property and we don't drink so we wouldn't get our money's worth at an all inclusive.

Edited by lifes-a-beach

We went to Paradise Beach last week when we were in Cozumel. There were four of us in the taxi, and it was $15.00 each way for all of us. There were six ships in port that day, and it never felt crowded. We arrived around 9:30, and there were plenty of empty chairs.

Are the inflatables seen from every part of the beach? Silly question I know, but would prefer not to see them.

Most likely yes. I mean if you see much of the water you will see the inflatables. Now if you're by the pool you will not see them. If you farther back in the trees you will see little water and might not see the inflatables.

We went to Paradise Beach last week when we were in Cozumel. There were four of us in the taxi, and it was $15.00 each way for all of us. There were six ships in port that day, and it never felt crowded. We arrived around 9:30, and there were plenty of empty chairs.

We have the same situation the day the day we are in port (six ships :eek:). We have been to Cozumel many times but never to Paradise Beach. Thanks for the info, weedhopper!!!