Atlantis

firefighter15

I am taking my kids on my next cruise. Im interested in taking them to the water park at Atlantis. $177 per adult and $114 per kid seems awfully steep for the water park. Can anyone tell me what gate admission is for the water park? I am thinking it will be cheaper for me to taxi to atlantis and pay at the gate?

You can always book a room at the Comfort Inn which is across the street and then I think you get 4 free passes. Not sure how much it is but I'm sure it is much less than booking through the cruise line.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have 9 in my party so the hotel is out, i would have to book 3 rooms.

Anyone ever use this web site?

http://www.bahamasdaypass.com/Atlantis-Aquaventure-Day-Pass-Low-Season-p/nsnaq16l.htm

Check out the Nassau ports of call forum here on CC, you may find some useful information as well as getting answers here.

We were once booked to go to the Atlantis on a cruise. I was willing to book through the Ship and pay the $150.00 or so for DH and myself. On the day we were scheduled to stop, the water was not co-operating and the ship (I believe it was the Dawn) just sailed right on by. We could see it in the distance, but we did not end up stopping because the Captain was fearful that if we stopped, we may not have been able to get out. So, I would not gamble by booking a hotel room, because, I believe if you don't stop, you still pay for the room. I had previously read that on this board somewhere sometime ago. Just something to think about, because every now and then, the ship does just "sail on by".:(

Made me very sad indeed for a 50 year old!

Edited by Ontario cruise duo

You might want to consider how long you will be in Nassau. If it's not all day it will be tough to get your money's worth. I took my son at 930 am and we were there until at least 330 and it wasn't crowded at all. Some cruises don't dock long enough in my opinion.

Someone posted "there is no gate admission", but not sure what they meant by that. You can buy your day admission directly at the desk at Atlantis. We have always done this rather than paying for an excursion. If for some reason you don't stop in Nassau (weather or whatever), you don't have to worry about getting a refund. Additionally, by the time you wait for the excursion bus to load, etc. - we have always been already over at Atlantis by taking a private taxi van. We have bought our tickets, gotten our locker and have already been on rides before the ship excursion even gets there. We have met others who were on the ships excursion several times and were always at the park at least an hour before they even arrived.

You might want to consider how long you will be in Nassau. If it's not all day it will be tough to get your money's worth. I took my son at 930 am and we were there until at least 330 and it wasn't crowded at all. Some cruises don't dock long enough in my opinion.

Definitely look to see how long the ship will be docked. On our Sky trip this year, we were only scheduled to be there for six hours. Once factored in transit time...we decided that it wasn't worth it to us. You may decide otherwise, but either way check how long you'll be docked.

We did the non-waterslide package at Atlantis as part of our Escape Inaugural cruise in November (ship excursion price was at least $80pp). And, of course, it started raining as soon as we disembarked, and continued raining all day.

So we got to see the two aquarium areas, briefly walk outside for a few photos, and spend $54 on a greatly overpriced lunch (no alcohol, just soft drinks). Personally, don't know what I'd do on my next (assuming there is a next) Bahamas visit.

I've been to Atlantis when I was on a land vacation and was able to be there for the whole day. Actually two days since we did the Comfort Inn thing. We had a blast. The grounds are beautiful and the water park was really fun. That being said, at the end of the day, it is a water park. I don't think it is worth the cost to go for a short amount of time when on a cruise. It's comparable to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach at Disney (when they were in their prime) so you can compare if you've been to those. Maybe a little nicer but it's a water park.

Someone posted "there is no gate admission", but not sure what they meant by that. You can buy your day admission directly at the desk at Atlantis. We have always done this rather than paying for an excursion.

If the resort is full, you cannot buy gate admission at all. This is what they say:

"Atlantis, Paradise Island has opened a limited number of day passes for visitors to Paradise Island until further notice.

Day passes are available for purchase at the Discover Atlantis desk in Coral Towers and space is limited.

​Individuals under 18 years old must be accompanied by an Adult 18 years or older.​"

Typically, if the hotels are at high occupancy rate and they have a lot of people from cruise ships coming in for the day, they are sold out. This happens a lot when kids are out of school or during Spring Break and other holidays.

If the port is cancelled and you bought tickets through the cruise ship, then at least you get your money back.

JMO, but for 9, The Blue Lagoon is a lot better deal with plenty to do .