LAX Shuttle to LA Port how long of Wait

lowdown

I am planning to use one of the shuttle services in LA to get to the port crown plaza hotel. How long of a wait without a reservation?. If I do get a reservation are they always on time? What if my flight is late do they wait? Please share your experiences.

With or with out a reservation, there can be a wait. I have waited 40-45 minutes without a reservation.

As you are going to a hotel, time really isn't that critical. If I were to do a reservation, I would make it for 60 minutes after your scheduled arrival. It will take time to get your bags, and it allows you some wiggle room.

By the way, the Mods will probably move this to the West Coast Departures board, because it is really about LA, not Mexico.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We had a reservation with Prime Time from LAX to Venice hotel. It says on the reservation you may wait up to 20 minutes. We waited about 15. We were booked this morning from ship to LAX at 8:30 and waited less than 5 minutes.

They really messed up on the point-to-point booking we had with them on both ends (the vehicle was sent to the other location). If you're stepping out of an airport terminal, there will be both SS & PT shuttles, but these are shared vehicles so you may end up with a mini-tour of LA before you're dropped off at your hotel. These two companies will also have shuttles outside the port berths on disembarkation day. So you really shouldn't have to wait with either. I just won't trust with PT to get any other reservations right and there's plenty of companies you can book with to get a private vehicle.

I am planning to use one of the shuttle services in LA to get to the port crown plaza hotel. How long of a wait without a reservation?. If I do get a reservation are they always on time? What if my flight is late do they wait? Please share your experiences.

Just make sure to say the San Pedro or Harbor Crowne Plaza Hotel. I don't know if there's a Crowne Plaza Hotel in Long Beach (I don't think there is), but it's best to identify which port you're talking about when reserving hotels or transportation...and Carnival sails out of the Port of Long Beach, while most of the other ships will use the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. A taxi or shuttle driver might hear "port" and assume you want the other one.