Breakfast Hanger

mcwebber

No lox on the hangar on the Inspiration. No lox at breakfast, only at the deli from 11-11.

Carnival has changed their lox. Used to come pre sliced, looking like what we buy at Costco. It's a bit different, less processed with the skin still attached before serving. (No skin is served). Tasted fine.

Edited by SadieN

No lox on the hangar on the Inspiration. No lox at breakfast, only at the deli from 11-11.

Sounds like sushi all over again. They had John Heald telling everyone that would be on the Lido Buffet. Which is was for a few weeks, then gone. Now they charge for it on ships that have Bonsai Sushi. I wouldn't be surprised, after a short time, to see smoked salmon return to the room service menu for an extra charge.

I can't believe so much worry about a little lox. $13.99 a lb. at my local costco. I buy a pound and put half of it in the freezer for another time. It tastes great. I used to be able to get it on lido by asking a matter d for it. Last trip which was 12 days on the Freedom, I must have had it 8 or 9 days.

It doesn't pay to ask or write it in on the room service hanger.

Howard

I can't believe so much worry about a little lox. $13.99 a lb. at my local costco. I buy a pound and put half of it in the freezer for another time. It tastes great. I used to be able to get it on lido by asking a matter d for it. Last trip which was 12 days on the Freedom, I must have had it 8 or 9 days.

It doesn't pay to ask or write it in on the room service hanger.

Howard

Huh? I don't understand what your point is?

Huh? I don't understand what your point is?

I believe the poster's point is that in the overall scheme of a cruise, the availability of lox on the room service menu is minuscule (especially if it's available other places such as Dinning Room or Lido).

I absolutely agree - you read of various poster's lamenting about so many minor items that might no longer be available/free on a cruise. When taken in totality, these things have little to no bearing on the enjoyment of a vacation cruise.

That's really a shame! I'm not one to sweat the small stuff, but I often ordered that from room service. On days where we didn't have time to go to the MDR and eat, that made a good meal alternative. Gonna need a lot of cereal and breads instead now lol too bad.